• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRS 80% to 100% call from CWB!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRS 80% to 100% call from CWB!

One more thing Cargill guy was out yesterday and said we could start hauling HRS again. The CWB wants all of our 14.8 HRS. Isn't it a bit funny they want all our HRS yet no increase in initial price 6 months still at feed prices yet they want all my production. Hm are they baffling with BS again. you bet its all dollars and cents. Screwed up real bad on sales so take all a guy has so their is some cash flow. Just a idea the US price is 5.65 Canadian today. Hm oh yea a spot price at 5 to 10 locations in ND and Montana. Durum just screwed that market make Canadians keep huge supplies for preferred customers and don't lock in a profit for these farmers give them a discount for carrying it for a whole extra year to feed someone else. What about feeding my family CWB what about me your share holder.

The cwb has said that the crop is of lower quality this year. This means they sold the crop against black sea prices and now some of their customers are calling them for that stored high quality wheat they brag about. But the cwb, in their infinite wisdom, has shorted themselves again. In a year where they could have asked for a real premium for quality, they fire saled it.

It was obvious when they made that 25% call on tough and damp early that they were making revision to the quality of the crop. They purposely brought into the system lower quality grain to lower the overall crop for the majority of the crop year to cover their mismanagement again.

About the end of may the quality will come back up.

Comment

In Nov or Dec, crop report said 90% #1 & 2
      wheat in 2009 harvest. Quality was excellent, I must have had the only 4cwrs.

Comment

That is what I mean, the crop grades 90% 1&2 ( which is almost unheard of) and the cwb says we have a lower quality crop and that we have to compete against black sea prices. It seems moronic doesn't it?

Comment

Bucket;

Are you inferring the 'CWB' made another mistake?

Why have the CWB called 100% of the A series contract... before the B series deadline is reached to sign up more grain to the CWB?

These people at the CWB are clueless. If we signed up on the 'A' series... the CWB had an obligation to market that grain...

Not refuse it and drive down domestic grain markets.... and give market signals that we 'designated area' slaves would hold stocks... again to see prices drop... because the slaves had too much grain we didn't know what to do with..

This again allowed the millers to leverage lower prices out of the CWB.

This is just pure stupidity. My farm must pay for these mistakes... year after year....

Comment

Bucket;

After a while... you should get really suspicious... that these are not just stupid mistakes...

But then again... I am just a stupid grain farmer... who has never marketed any grain in his lifetime... only the CWB itself can claim this skill!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...