• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help crunching some numbers...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help crunching some numbers...

Just trying to crunch some numbers for the upcoming growing season. Just curious as to what some of you are anticipating or banking on for pricing on the 2010 crop. Looking for HRSW, barley, oats, flax, canola and yellow peas. I am likely going to have a wide range as the prices feel pretty volatile.

HRSW 13.5pro 4.25
    Barley 48lb 2.25
    Oats 40lb 2.25
    Flax 7.00
    Canola 7.50
    Peas 5.50

Pretty grim if I'm close

Comment

At those prices it won't pay to put in a crop, especially if we don't get much more moisture.

Comment

Cool, more land to rent for someone.

Comment

Ya for $60-70 per acre! Dreamers...

Comment

As of today there is no shortage of grain in the world and will be a decent to large crop coming off in South America in a couple of weeks. I think your numbers look be very realistic to me for now.

Comment

I have heard of light corn bushel weight in areas of the USA. Ethanol plants needing to use up to 10 percent more corn for the same result. Feed value of light corn is also an issue. Unharvested and yet to be dried and heated crop. If anything is positive that is a big one that possibly is not in the statistics. Now corn is a driver of every other farm commodity, there could be a surprise happening soon. I think we are at bottoms now.
              I will ditto Seabass except hard red will be 4.5. Soft wheat 4. Yellow Peas 4.6. Canola 8.5 No comment any thing else.
              I just did a large volume target for Soft Wheat at 3.5 and it triggered in one day. To be delivered within the month. Don't underestimate our own ethanol demand. I am 3 hours from Lloyd and the elevator I deliver to will mix wet and dry, so does not matter if I deliver 19 percent or 12 it will get averaged and I will do some drying to get the average down. I believe that beats the board pro my location at the moment even for low protein. But if your crunching numbers for profitability or land rent, go with the lower prices as that is best.

Comment

I picked deliver to local elevator for mixing reasons. If picked up delivered straight to plant every load must be under a certain moisture, won't work for me.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...