• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cameron Pallett

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When BSE was in full bloom in the international news, Japan didn't stampede to buy organic beef.

When Sars was in full bloom,people shied from flyong even if the plane was sanitized. It's a predictable reaction.

But the overall flax supplier-glow that once glossed Canada is smogged.

Comment

Here's another angle

Just had a thought about it being against the law to attach a variety name to commercial grain; like can and is allowed with certified and pedigreed seed.
      If true; has every publication and forum been breaking the law by allowing references to the Triffid variety in common seed. Or is it a case that no seed grower; or association; or owner, researcher or distributor would now admit that want any part of Triffid; and are pleased to give the variety and all its liabilities back to farmers. Maybe that is one way to start getting back some seed varieties that farmers may again use without restrictions.
      Who knows that someday the Triffid variety may not even have some value. It may even turn out that it is more than a four letter word; and can be very safely incorporated onto the surface of muffins.
      Now who says I can't be positive?

Comment

I have to confess to a mistake. Got my Omega 3 mixed up with CLA which if I remember right is a benefit that comes from grass fed beef. Hard for a commodity guy to keep track of healthy eating trends (you picked this up hopperbin).

Comment

Flax, well at least flax still finds outlets in industrial oil, the ones with the poop in the porridge are the mustard folk with 0 tolerance of gmo canola.

Wonder if them mustard folk have a case?
          CPallett?

Comment

haveapulse,

I don't know if the mustard producers have a case. I don't know if the flax producers have a case. Not enough information has crossed my desk on either issue.

I do know the cattle producers have a case against the federal government in the BSE class action. The Court of Appeal for Ontario, backed up by the Supreme Court of Canada, says so. Whether the cattle producers get their cheques will almost certainly be finally decided by the Supreme Court of Canada. The trial will be worth watching, I can guarantee you that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...