• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farming and Climate Change

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farming and Climate Change

Whether or not you agree with climate change - Don McCabe thinks the government will act - and the resulting policy will either help or hinder. Is he right?

>

" . . .because farmers are gonna get hurt if we don't . . ." Well Don, with all due respect, farmers are gonna get hurt if we do. And that is said with a good understanding of your effort to be proactive in the climate change arena.

It just boggles my mind that we can be held hostage to an ideology - no, rather to a religion - that is built on falsehoods and fabrications.

The whole AGW scam, now more simply and safely referred to as climate change, is the contrivance of a few sick minds that need an avenue through which they can channel their pessimistic and nefarious worldview.

Human activity has no more impact on the climate than a super tanker has influence on the ocean currents. And here our practices as farmers are being threatened by this fervent religion espoused by a few quacks in this world.

"As of a couple of years ago, anthropogenic CO2 emissions were estimated at 26 billion metric tons per year. If so, human CO2 emissions are about 10% of volcanic CO2 emissions. And then there are previously mentioned forest and brush fires to account for. Accordingly, human emissions of CO2 at present are somewhat less than 10% of the total."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/lowi6.html

Comment

The most successful participant in the climate change issue has been the Denial Industry that sprang up with the successful results of keeping people unsure and confused about if climate change is happening.
      So here we are 15 years or so after scientists have warned us and people and governments have done nothing.

ALOT OF Money was put forward to fund the Denial Industry. Please try and see past it

Comment

Yes, the biggest problem is questioning the "science" of climate change! We should meekly bow to the all knowing UN, Al Gore, Greenpeace and David Suzuki.
        Have I got you right, Mustard?
        Our weathermen are still having trouble trying to predict the weather a few days from now....
        wowzer

Comment

The most constant thing about climate is change. Its been doing it since long before we kept records. Most of us have lived through warnings of ice age and too hot to touch. When it is warmer or colder tomorrow I suppose it is a change from today. We are in a 7 year cooling trend, it's happened before and will happen again. I was looking forward to the predicted higher humidity and warming but it just isn't materializing.

Comment

"The Arctic Ocean is warming up. Icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are findiing water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consul Lfft, at Bergen Norway. Reports from fishermen, seal hunters and explorers, he declared, all point to radical changes in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone.
            Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met with as far north as 81 degrees and 29 minutes. Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the Gulf Stream very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of Earth and stones. While few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts, which have never ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds." I'm sorry, I neglected to mention that this report was from November 2, 1922 as reported by the Associated Press and published in The Washington Post. It only goes to show that the more things change weatherwise and otherwise, the more they stay the same".
            (Cliff Harris, DTN Friday January 22, 2010)
            Climate change has been with us "forever" and will continue to be with us "forever". Man is so vain! Our creator designed this intricate environment we are such a small part of. Not saying we shouldn't be resposible in our actions, we should be very conscious of how we affect our environment. However, I find it increasingly annoying that the likes of Gore, Suzuki and our Liberal media skew information to breed doomsday panic without any trace of accountability. An ever increasingly gullible public falls for this garbage hook, line and wallet.

Comment

"The most successful participant in the climate change issue has been the Denial Industry . . ."

Gee Mustardman, if you really believe this, I think you should get out a little more. Apparently you have never heard of Algore? He seems to have done quite well in the climate change industry. Made millions out of nothing.

Imagine what he could do with a spinning wheel . . .

Climate certainly does change, no one is denying that. However, the causes are beyond the reach of humanity. How else would you explain that the climate of Mars has changed at the same rate as that of the Earth?

What is the common denominator? And if you are thinking "Mars Rover" you would get the buzzer, not the bell.

Comment

Thankyou all for proving my Point. That the Denial industry has had a successful run of convincing you that You are not responsible.

Comment

when Algore left the Vice President's office at the end of 2000, his total wealth was around 1 million dollars, Algore's wealth is now estemated nearing 1 billion dollars. The CLIMATE IS CHANGING, but it isn't the result of human activity, it has always changed, and will continue to change.

Comment

Climate change may well turn out as another example of being too sure about understanding science. When non followers gives a logical argument there is always the fallback about how much worse it would have been if we had not followed the path that we had been led down.

Comment

mustardman: "Thankyou all for proving my Point. That the Denial industry has had a successful run of convincing you that You are not responsible."

Perhaps you would take the time to explain the point about the climate of Mars changing at the same pace as Earth's climate?

Are our CO2 emissions reaching that far? Are we responsible for that documented change as well?

Or could it be that sunspot activity has a little more to do with this natural phenomenon than Saint Algore wants to admit?

You might have had a teacher in school that was very passionate about preaching his/her doctrine of AGW, but passion does not equate with truth or accuracy.

The brain-washed students who endured several decades of misguided, nihilistic class room "climate diatribes" are now starting to insert their warped views into policy.

Policy that has a detrimental effect on all of us, whether or not we buy into their crap.

So people like Don McCabe are trying to have a positive influence on a negative course. I know Don is dedicated and thoughtful, and I wish him luck.

Comment

To many such as Mustard, man-caused climate change is more of a dogma then it is a belief based upon reality and truth.
                        The truth is, man seems to have a sick need for impending doom. Whether it be global warming, an ice age, the Soviets are going to nuke us or the next flu "epidemic" that just never materializes.

Comment

The biggest mistake the climatology experts (pardon the pun) made was when they tried to disallow anyone to refute the science. Once that occured the gig was up. Scientific results should always be debated and they tried to snuff it out.

Sorry Mustardman, we had this conversation a year ago and in that time the pendulum has really swung against you. The yuppies will be on to their next global save the world issue, only problem is that it looks like it may be GMO. THat debate will be easier won over the long term. Could you imagine if they world focused the money that it spends on this crap, for the next 2 months and spent it in Haiti instead. Or Guatemala or Africa. On Cancer research, AIDS, Parkinsons, diabetes. Those are things that i could not argue about, but unsound science that cannot be questioned or you are called a denier. Give me a god damn break. I am guessing, while our attention is focused on the so called problem, someone will be making off with the goose that lay the golden egg.

Comment

Some people making off with the goose that laid the golden egg are:

1. algore
                            2. suzuki
                            3. cgreen and all the other carbon aggregators

You can add to the list. Interesting note and I know its been mentioned before - the term is not "global warming" anymore - its "climate change".

Comment

It was NO COINCIDENCE that just before the Copenhagen summit that a press release came out on "leaked emails from the past 10 years from scientists" to put more doubt into the climate change theory.

These were bits and pieces taken out of context and HUGE money has been put forward by companies (that shall not be named) to discredit this exercise, Because it is in their best interest that we keep the STATUS QUO.

They throw out tidbits in the press on mars and sunspots to offset the sound science and get the likes of Tim Ball to spread the sermon and consequently no workable Policy gets setup.
                              We act and spend a small part of GDP to fix it or don't and the consequences will cost all our GDP

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...