• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Should the CWB do with Supply Glut of Durum in 2010

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice2U et el;

This durum on the 'B' series not being decided till March 31... where did that come from?

When did Durum only get an 'A' and 'B' series contract for the year?

Can the CWB just change the rules whenever they want... what is that?

By the way it always has been that if the CWB did not accept 100% of the offered amount... the 'designated area' grower has so many days to change the offered amount to the CWB.

Since millers blend CWRS/DNS into Durum to make pasta... why can't we blend durum into CWRS to make bread? 5% wouldn't make a difference... would it?

Why doesn't the US get stuck with their durum....? What is wrong with this picture?

Comment

Out of all of this, how many people are still going to grow durum this coming year.

Yes there is a large surplus of durum sitting waiting to be marketed.

Yes the new PRO is so much lower than CWRS.

For now you are stuck marketing grain through the piss poor managment of the CWB. That is not going to change before seed goes into the ground this spring.

My thoughts right now are that if you grow durum this year and expect to move 100% of it and get a premium for it in this next crop year, you have been eating too much ergot.

It is beyond my understanding how some of the same people that are smart enought to know that the CWB sucks at marketing, aren't smart enough to look at a supply-demand table and figure out that they need to grow something else.

I am not a CWB supporter by any stretch, but I am a realist who has figured out that my farm has to work withing certain systems for it to profit.

The only good thing about the new CWB durum pro is that it should finally signal that the world doesn't want any more durum in the next year.

Comment

CIGI is looking for different uses for durum and they are testing out a new prouct made from Durum in Japan right now and it sounds very prommissing.

Comment

Whale Food? Sushi dip?

Comment

I don't even understand why farmers spend research on durum for new varieties or uses. NO ONE wants this stuff.

We are just short of giving them the durum and the so called premium buyers won't take it.

BTW sounds like the cwb is worried about a deficit in the durum pool which is why they are letting farmers out of their contracts.

Comment

Did the CWB say to you Jag that they have informed Viterra that a 25% cut in Navigator tonnage acceptance comes with new crop production? You grow it, and you are going to be allowed to store the IP over.

Navigator IP is on its way out, and shortly you will be able to mix it in with your other durums. Cadmium level is high in it (one more thing to test).

Comment

I never asked about Navigator as we do not grow it but
                I heard them saying that Navigator will not be part of
                the IP program any more after this year. Eurostar and
                Brigrade will be the new IP varieties of Durum.

Comment

And what will happen with Navigator durum? Will the farmers who paid for its development get back the right to grow it as they see fit?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...