• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land rents goin up

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land rents goin up

Everyone I have talked to that had to renue their land rents is paying more. This all stems back to the land rent auction that saw 60 land rent on marginal land. It seems to be the bench mark for landowners. It just cost us $5/ac more for 300ac. Not terrible but some stories are disturbing to say the least - some at $20/ac increase. Land in this area for years always rented for $30-40/ac. It will be interesting to see who is left standing in over the next two years as crop prices slide down. Whats is happening elsewhere on new leases and renewals?

a simple spread sheet will show you how much land is worth. If someone chooses to bid more, so be it, let them work for nothing. Why would anyone consider working and investing in something that will probably not give you a return? Unless you are the best farmer around with consistently high yields marketing in the top third of the market year after year. RB auction catalog is full of these guys.

Comment

Regina area 60 for wet land

Comment

Well with the extra 30 an acre Ill take my $270,000.00 and laugh laugh laugh. HA HA HAHA HA HA.

Comment

Hey furrow good to here from you, our area is constant this spring we rented two more for little less than our highest. Touches 5 quarters of ours so worth taking on.

Comment

The land price has double here in the last 5 or so
            years from $500 acre to over $1000 acre. Not much
            been rented farmers are just buying it up.

I cant see the prices staying up there with the prices of
            commodities.

Comment

In West central alberta rent is steady and land values are 2000 to 2500 an acre for decent land not near a city or subdivision. The nice quarters are going for more. I cant even buy a swamp quarter for 1000 an acre.

Comment

Rents up. Land prices up. Commodities down. Shit will hit the fan next year and years to come if things stay tight for to long. When you go a few years doing it for nothing it gets old pretty quick. Things outside of your own control tend to come back and bite you where the sun don't shine. World debt,over production,weather,etc. etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...