• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Cash Pricing for Soft White Spring Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Cash Pricing for Soft White Spring Wheat

I find the new CWB program for Soft White Spring Wheat interesting. Seems like a 100 % cash price. Not sure how the CWB takes its margin other than a brokerage payment between the domestic miller and the CWB.

[URL="http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/farmers/contracts/cashplus/"]Cash Pricing SWS[/URL]

I note the comment on the difference the domestic market and the international one. Actually makes sense. Should apply to prairie spring and red winter.

I have to note the difference between this program and the malt barley plus. It would appear, a farmer is paid 100 % of the SWS price on delivery (I assume reflecting the market that day). The cash plus still has a hold back of 5 to 10 % with costs averaged across sales (domestic and international) so in effect has many of the elements of pooling (at least on the allocation of expenses).

Thoughts?

Comment

If the CWB can do this for SWS, why not barley? Cash pricing to the domestic maltsters (no complications cashplus)? A daily cash price attached to any potential export feed barley business? Kinda happens anyway on feed barley with guaranteed delivery contracts and different forms of CWB purchases from the trade to meet business opportunities but the SWS program is a least up front with a price/not likely to subsidize other things like the contingency fund.

Comment

[URL="https://www.agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1267189161"]CWRW[/URL]

Comment

What is the $/bus net being tossed around? We got a call today from JRI for 1000tn for fall and were asked what $/bus would it take, 100% delivery. I could care less about the CWB pro's as they are meaningless as are the quota's( ask a durum grower) but a gurenteed price and delivery gives me something to bank on. We do not grow crops to store for fun - todays world is about cash flow not a grain storage program.

Comment

So what are you thinking for price on a target?

Comment

Interesting the CWB creats a program to cash price soft wheat because millers in Canada cannot access what they want all because the growers selling to the board at the moment are told to deliver for under Ethanol wheat price.

Comment

hopper, could you expain what your talking about and price difs. I don't quite understand. Who's suggesting and why?

Comment

If you have any good Soft white wheat,and have had it germ tested. I know of a few guys who have been driving all over Saskatchewan to get it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...