• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK 45 days till in field what are we seeding!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, for us (this will be our 5th year gowing soybeans) it has allowed us to get rid of $150,000.00 of haying equipment. We used to grow alfalfa for many reasons- rotation benefits, nitrogen fixing, spreading out the workload at seeding and harvest, and cash flow. Now all those have been replaced with soybeans, which are Round up Ready, which even gives me more flexibility. Soybeans aren't for everyone, but after years of trying to put up black hay, only to attempt to sell it at severlely discounted rates, they are solidly in our rotation.

Comment

Seedman, what type of rotation pattern do you do with soyabeans? What varieties?

Comment

Rbrunel, Volenteer canola is one of my worst weeds right now. a couple years off hail gave me a good seed bank of it. The soybean is resistant not just tolerant to roundup and could be sprayed pretty much anytime. Never had any dockage from canola or any other weed in my crop. This is a crop I would grow on my dirtyest land or land that has been neglected.

Comment

So nice of you smart 'businessmen' to give all your competitive advantage information for free.

Comment

Somehow I felt I would get a negative reply. That is why I don't spend time with people that try and push me down but with people that we try and push each other up. Helps me be more sucessful.

Comment

good info wd.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...