• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moisture maps!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moisture maps!!!

Is anyone else at least a bit concerned with the huge red blob in Alberta and Western Sask? I know we are 45 days from seeding but I hope things change. Rain is always better than snow and if the fog/frost myth is half right moisture will come but as of today things are not in our favour. I am not an alarmest just a realist and it is realy dry in a huge area. March had better go out like a lion for it came in like a lamb. Good fortune came to us all with a great Sept, lets hope for a wet april - here anyway.
    Absolutly no runoff anywhere within a hundred miles of here!

If I lived in NW Sask. - Alta region I'd be concerned about the moisture and grasshopper map outlooks, also. I'd give serious consideration to not burning through the last of my 2007-08 cash playing out a poor probability year. But hey, like that's going to happen!

Comment

Wonder if the trade notices the precip maps? Looks like 90% of the prairies is between low and record dry. Our area in the NE, in very low, will have little runoff.

Comment

Unfortunately, as I've said before, when humboldt west is dry, we usually get a bumper, as it means we are not too wet for once. The best years I have had were the supposed dry years of the early 2000's. No the soil maps don't concern me in the least. There is still time, and for us like I said, if humboldt and west is pushing drought, we are just right. It is high time our region got some back to back decent years: at the same time, our land prices are not anywhere near as out of whack as elsewhere by the sounds of it. Me thinks there is a reason for that. Looked at tractors last year. One farmer had had 7 good years in a row, the other, had had 10. My goodness, sounds like how our area was until I started farming. LOL

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...