• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop ins. production Audit

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop ins. production Audit

Got the call today I need an audit on my 09 production. I suggested June or July would be a good time to check bins and go through all my grain deliveries to date. They say it needs to be done now. Anyone else dealing with these guys now.

Sask crop insurance insisted that we do one last august. They were worried about the late crop and possible claims. They are doing it now for a make work project. Have to show the employees are actually doing something to justify their paychecks.

Comment

Got hit back a few years ago have fun. They do this in the off season.

Comment

I told them I would not do it at this time, between not all bins being accessable the yards full of mud now, and the fact that I'm just to busy to sit down and play their games. After all no claim since 04 and that was just unseeded acre claim, no yield or grade. I suggested that if they were going to press the issue cancel the policy. So we'll see where this one ends up I just don't really see the benefits fo sask crop ins I might just put more money down on hail coverage.

Comment

It sucks, but saying that you are going to withdraw will not scare them away the SK govt pays out about as much as it takes in in an average year, and in a poor one they loose their shirt.
          I am not saying you have to spend three days driving around with those guys holding the ladder. As well they can tromp through the snow to get to far away bins,it's not your responsibility to plow them out if you were not moving grain.
          good luck, and remember that crop insurance adjusters are people too.

Comment

I work out in the winter and told them to come back in late april when the bins will be empty and it will be a paper audit. Told them I would not allow them to climb my bins unless they have fall protection and certification of training (with a rescue plan) the same as any oilfield workplace.
            They will be here in late april.

Comment

I like crop insurance. I,m an old guy that carries way too much debt. Crop insurance saved my ass in the drought years 2001 and 2002 and the frost of 2004.
              As far as the audit is concered I am glad they are out there keepin people honest. One of the critisims of crop insurance was the abuse that was taking place. It,s only a tiny percent but it still looks bad and costs all of us. I had an audit a few years back and it wasn,t so bad.

Comment

What got me was they phoned me up and ware on the way, like I have nothing better. In 23 yrs of farming the only claim was in 04 for unseeded acres. Never had a yield loss claim. Yes inpectors are human too but then use some common sense and bug the people who are making the claims.

Comment

If they phoned up and were on their way, you had every right to reschedule.

I with Bluefargo on this one if there were no audits the whole system would fall apart.

good on you for tying to instill some common sense on govt employee's

Comment

I guess thats what really pst me off lack of common sense. I've got nothing to hide my yields are some of the top in the area, and no claims, just so damn busy trying to get done what needs to be done and have this come at me. Your right there needs to be audits because I have seen enough games being played with crop ins. and it's my premiums help the ones playing the games.

Comment

Well here is some reality for ya, very small percentage are random which means either your neighbor if you can call it that your competitor or someone just doesn'tlike the way you vote, talk, or addressed someone working there is more likely one of the reasons you're getting checked. if you refuse likely be cancelled just like a story I heard of a guy that I am so envious of because he was tossed out 2 years ago, he works out and told them the 2 days he was back each month to visit wife and kids wasn't going to be wasted on some gung ho columbos. they went checked his bins anyway he was sent a bill and tossed out accused of cheating etc. He had a crop insurance employee's relative custom haul the grain out and it turned out the columbos were the ones that made the mistake not the adjuster, Anyway I am sooooo envious because in the last 2 years he saved 59,000 in premium says now for sure he doesn't need crop insurance, but get this they phoned him this spring asked why he doesn't sign up, he told them to kiss his ass.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...