• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

perspective

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perspective

Prayers for the families of the 2 men killed in the BC avalanche on the weekend. I know both of these men well and my heart is broken for their families right now. Today am on way to ski for the week with wife and the kids, and to hell with farming this week. I think sometimes we miss the big picture of what's really important, and carry on bitchin whinin and moanin about things that really don't matter. If there's one thing I'm learning more of as I go thru life, its how important my family is. My perspective is changing. How about yours?

I think it's about balance. Too much of either family or work will get you into trouble.

Sorry to hear about your friends.

Comment

And I'll add another item to the list. You've also got to take some time for yourself every once and awhile or you'll go stir crazy.

Comment

Extreme anything by its very nature caught up to those folks in BC. It was only a matter of time, judging from the news pictures of what they were back country doing.

Any person with a shred of feelings would feel sorry about the outcome, but the other side tells me they are the people who walk in front of a fully throttled 747 engine for the thrill of it.

Comment

Yes they were those type of people. I agree extreme anything for the thrill of it is IMO stupid.. Doesn't chsnge the fsct there are 4 little kids without fathers Now.. We can all be snuffed at anytime I guess is my point

Comment

Tough loss JD. We have to take responsibility for our own actions and at least while we have little ones at home have a good look at our risk exposure. We also need to take stock of our spiritual life.

Comment

Go to you tube and look for Big Iron Shootout.
              There are some strange videos there and someone
              is making a big point of selling extreme DVD's that
              contain a lot of wreckage and carnage. It appears
              commerce encouraged some serious risk taking,
              and now the consequence is this. The first to leave
              town was buddy who sells the DVD's. BTW, I have
              some neighbours who was partnered with one of
              the deceased and they are crushed. From the video
              clips that I saw, the organizers encouraged this
              kind of recklessness to make a buck. They should
              be held responsible in this case because a properly
              run event would never put people into that kind of
              situation. Comment after you've seen the video
              clips.
              Rockpile

Comment

I can only imagine what's on utube already. Seriously disgusting..

Comment

JD, my thoughts are with you. Enjoy your time with
                  your family! That is the best part of life anyone ever
                  has.
                  Rockpile

Comment

JD sorry about your friends in BC. I agree with you enjoy your time with your family. I am on way skiing next week with my kids and cant wait. Hit the slopes and have fun.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this JD. My thoughts and prayers
                      are with the families of the victims.

Comment

2 men killed at Revy pretty disgusted. On second thought what if his wife told them to quit snowmobling, and husband would say no way and it my passion for Extreme Sports. I think it is somewhat junkie called adrenalin that extreme sport go passion whatever not listen what their wife told you. Read Cal Hearld, saying if someone digging dead body from avalanche and asked would you stop snowmobiling and said no, would continue and this is my passion extreme sports. Sigh. Feel sorry for those wife and those children but to husband no. They deserve it. It is their passion. Also my self snowmobiler as well. Love to go BC. It is their reward passion sports.

Comment

Oh my JD sending sympathy to you and your friends.

Life is full of choices. Our mountain sleds were parked because of the realized risk of too much altitude and totestrone.

The thrill of life is pretty simple. At the end of the day it is hard to beat skiing with the family, and the stories that we share at the end of the day, be glad you can.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...