• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter storm warning!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter storm warning!!

In effect for north west Sask. Need the moisture. Actualy sweating right now, very warm and very dry.

Is there any moisture in the storm? Rain or snow and how much? Hope you get it so it runs out by the time it gets here.

Comment

Nothing yet, very weird - they were calling for 70-100k winds this am with rain/snow and blowing snow. It is calm with patchy clouds.

Comment

Edmonton - Lots of wind last night and enough snow to make the ground white this morning. Limited moisture in it.

Comment

West edge of Lake Diefenbaker--- visability is zero in blowing snow. Very strong west winds.Regular winter blizzard. just hope there is some moisture in this stuff, badly needed here.

Comment

Just barely enough snow to put the skidoo away this AM. Horrible wind overnight, hardly any moisture to this point!

Comment

Hellish wind all night, weather bug says max gust now is 61kph. No snow but power just flashed, good to have battery backup. Outages are being reported. I see one bin roof is loose, flapping in the hurricane. Hope any empty hoppers are anchored.

Comment

It hit here like a hammer ten min after I first blabed this A.M. Sometimes they are right.

Comment

Has stopped snowing but wind is something wicked yet. Reports of damaged bins also. Wind gusts to 107 at local weather station.

Comment

The wind caused the ice on Lake Diefenbaker to shift, broke the Riverhurst ferry loose and it now sits about a1/3 mile north of the east dock.For your info it is a cable drive so the ice broke three cables-- centre drive and two side guide cables.Have seen thirteen upset grain bins( all flats bottom steel)so far and I am sure will hear of more.

Comment

Has anyone else looked at the North American Sat. Just looked at Accuweathers site and this storm has evolved into a monster! Looks like an onland hurricane - felt like it too. The swirl is pulling clouds from the arctic cicle - very pronounced shape and huge area!

Comment

60 year old westeel bin on cement, full of grain, had the roof blown off. Also lost eavetroughs off the house at 3:07 AM.

Comment

farmer to the south of me lost a 30 000 bu bin

Comment

Is it right that the huff and the puff blew the straw house down in Craik? A web site said that couldn't happen.

Comment

after all that crazy wind, did you guys get any helpful/useful moisture out in the fields? We're hoping to get something here SESK Tues, last weekend I thought a half inch of rain would be nice to get some weeds growing and the ground warmed up, but after this past week, I'd be real happy with an inch and a half. Can't believe how the standing water has disappeared.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...