• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tougher decision than I thought it would be!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tougher decision than I thought it would be!

Today we put down our family dog who has been with my family since my wife and I started dating. He did good even if in the beginning I was so mad at her for buying this little furry thing. With her working shifts I had to take him to the farm with me from the beginning. Ha Me this taller farmer with a shiatsu dog. What a site. Kind of embarrassing when you met a neighbor, who would say ah what a nice little dog. Well the years went buy and kind of a nice companion when she worked nite shifts. Then the kids came along and he was a loyal companion looking after them. But in the last few years he started to have hip problems, got deaf couldn't see and finally diabetes. It had been on our mind since Hawaii but hey their were good days then bad you delay the inevitable. But since Easter its been a gradual slide, till last night Up four times to take him for water then pee and he was falling down and trying to get up. For something I was so Pst at Purchasing he will be missed, I know its just a damn dog but maybe they are really mans best friend. Bye.
    I know this is not marketing but Fruck the CWB some times theirs more than just farming.

Been there and done that. Over 15 years and I still miss him. Pars

Comment

A few years ago we were in Western Australia and passed by a dog cemetary. We stopped in for a laugh. You know the inscriptions on the gravestones brought tears to my eyes. The depth of feeling was touching.

Our old dog got run over by the back wheels of a super B this winter. He was getting so deaf and shaky I guess he just miscalculated. He was the most gentle, well behaved, intelligent dog with personality plus. If there was a dog cemetary here he'd be in it.

Comment

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like;
        http://www.dogquotations.com/dog-poems.html

And I'm sure he understands.
        When he looks at me so attentively,
        And gently licks my hands;
        Then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes,
        But I never say naught thereat.
        For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes,
        But never a friend like that.

W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Comment

Lost a great intelligent dog we had for 12 years to strychnine, never found out how it happened. He was like a family member. I cried all day. However a crappy dog you just have to put down. We had 4 poor muts after the good dog. Have another perfect best friend now. Just a stray found along the highway and left at the vet's. Enjoy the good ones.

Comment

Took the boys and went to the farm today to Bury the old boy. In our pet Cemetery. Yea sad part is one good one probably next one will be a idiot. Good experience for them to learn that every thing does come to an end.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...