• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini-Bike!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini-Bike!

Picked up a used mini-bike for the kids yesterday and a new helmet from canuck tire today. They're at the mother-in-laws cottage for the weekend and will be home soon. I can't wait to show them how to ride.

It's a 2003 Honda XR 70. Three gears, no clutch and a whole lot of fun. Took it for a spin myself and it's a real hoot. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of ripping around the farmyard on a dirt-bike. It's a great feeling of freedom when you crack open the throttle, feel the wind in your hair, the bugs on your teeth and you can ride wherever you want.

I bought one of those chinese made dune buggies, kids love it but I think I love it more was the first one to get it stuck. brought back alot of memories

Comment

fran, I would love you to take you for a ride in the Rhino my nephew bought for me.

Everyone is scared to drive with me but they come along anyhow.

I drive like a maniac. No helmet. No care. I don't do up the seatbelts. I speed. I do wheelies. I spin out. I race. I think I could make even you backtrack on your foolhardy positions(LOL).

The devil makes me do it. Pars

Comment

I was debating on getting one of those cnd tire Chinese mini-bikes but haven't heard anything one way or the other about them. I imagine repairs could be an issue but maybe they don't break down very often. Which is what I've always liked about the hondas, we've had a number of them through the years and never really had any issues with them.

Comment

Those rino's look interesting. I've never tried one but imagine they could be lots of fun. One of the neighbors bought a similar one last year and I was impressed at how steep a ditch he was able to climb with it.

Comment

A word of warning. You will likely end up with a motorbike yourself (if
            you don't have one already).

Pulled the motorbike out today and am charging the battery. Spring is
            here.

Comment

Have a three wheeler sitting in a stall in the barn but haven't had it going for years. Still sound, but would insult my giftgiver if I drove it.

Besides, hitting the creek dead on with the Rhino is the bestest. Mud in the hair and eyes. charlie, you'd learn to agree with every mutagenic thing I say. LLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLL

Comment

I got one of those CT mini bike things last year. Not too powerfull hasn't really given much trouble but I would never buy another one. Clutch/chain is noisy, have to run it half choked sometimes, not powerfull enough to pull up much of hill or soft dirt, not worth the money for sure.

But hey that's my perogatif, I'm the buyer, if I don't want it I won't by it.

Comment

Bikes - my advice for anyone looking at mini bikes for
                  the kids is to stay away from the knock offs or Hong
                  Kong hardware. Go to a reputable bike shop and invest
                  in a brand name like Honda. Actually KTM has an
                  amazing line up of little gaffers bikes that not only
                  look cool but are bullet proof. They do cost a bit
                  more, but worth it in the long run. What do you ride
                  Charlie? I have a Vulcan Voyager.
                  Rockpile

Comment

Honda 919. Have put Givi hard bags on so I can do some traveling.
                    A bad habit from my youth. Expensive toys for big boys.

Comment

Good times Fransisco!!
                      Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
                      I spent more than a couple hours this weekend shooting gophers. Next week the wildlife federation is doing a sporting clay shoot.

Comment

Rockpile I bought my son the panterra when he was 7 he is 11 now and our youngest is using it. The oldest just got a new panterra. We have had zero problems with them. I had a Honda and Yami when I was young but they all seem to work great. We have a Deere Gator on farm its always on go. get the Hyd lift box great for bin bottoms or grain spilled on ground.

Comment

I have 3 chinese quads and 2 dirtbikes, more maintainance but cheap (no way I could afford japanese toys for 4 kids and me).
                          A buddy bought a canadian tire mini-bike (the fat tire job, around 6 hp), went to princess auto and bought a 13 hp motor on sale for around 300 bucks. It does a wheelie like you wouldnt believe, he is around 220 lbs and I saw it go over backwards (spun untill around 15 mph then got traction, started to lift the front wheel and it just kept coming up till it spit him on his ass. As I laughed my ass off).
                          I wouldnt mod my kids like that but I am waiting for them to go on sale again for me.

Comment

Parsley!!! I am soo disappointed in you. You preach food safety and natural, organics etc.... but you drive like a maniac with no seat belt and helmet!!! The chances of death or severe injury is higher with your reckless behavior then your cautious food choices...lol...Shame on you. I will eat my gm food and wear a helmet and seat belt thank you very much.

Comment

Just sitting here reading all these posts about dirt bikes/quads/trikes...brings back lots of memories. Funny though when I was ripping around the yard back then I never had a helmet...most likely should have. Bought the kids suzuki quads, these bikes are bullet proof..my son drives his like he stole it and all is good no problems except maybe could use some tires and a trip to the pressure washer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...