• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beans over 10.00 Canola drops. HM

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beans over 10.00 Canola drops. HM

How low can we go, their was a song on radio in Hawaii when we were their and it reminded me of Canola. The retarded sister in the oil seed market. As Canadians go plant a very large crop and on our way to the magical number the Canola council wanted the market is rewarding farmers with a drop drop drop in prices. Yea we really need to produce this crop. Wink Wink.
    I don't get why were always dropping yet the US and their subsidised system keeps their farmers rewarded. We have the CWB which is famous for low balling every sale and thus Canadians are always low balled with all our prices.

OMG what the F does the CWB have to do with canola.

Comment

I figure every woman who is so born ugly no man could love her should blame the Wheat Board. Surely there isn't anyone who would disagree. Pars

Comment

Look at wheat price and then look at canola price. I even got shorted my 5440 completely because could not be supplied. Got a more expensive variety for even money though. No brainer, plant more canola, max the rotation. So you got a new 600 hp tractor, new 3310 big tank anhydrous, I am sure that just added up to 600,000 less your trade. Bought a crap load of more land. What else you gonna buy this year? Is Joe wage earner supposed to support your habit? I think I read somewhere some farmers need to invest in something else so they don't use it in purchasing too much machinery.

Comment

Stubble,

Could be the CWB figures feed wheat next fall is worth $2.30/bu... might increase Canola acres?

Why sell wheat... when you can give it away?

The brains at the CWB selling our wheat... after all that was said in 2008... should be required to drop their saleries the same amount they dropped our farm prices?

$85/t for feed wheat?

Are they crazy?

Are you serious Stubble?

Comment

You guys don't look at what I work with this is a third gen farm that was bigger in the 50s then the 60s we bought more then the 80s we didn't and finally in poor years of 90s vamped up. But the comparison is Soy is going up in value and canola is range bound or going down. That's the post. The CWB rant is over their useless pricing and how they have not increased the initial in over 9 months Hm so for cash flow all other crops base the street value on whats out their and from our CWB its not much.
            Now Canola has been grown to some extent on our farm since the 60s dad grew it when it was ****seed. Good yields and always moved it. Neighbors couldn't figure out why we grew it they were wheat and barley farmers. Now the Canola council wants it grown all over western Canada. They want this huge crop for who I ask its not the farmers making money its the middle man plain and simple . Seed Fert Chem Push PUSH push. And when we get to the max number guess what no price. DA.
            So by all means grow huge acreage It made us good no great money in the past but 2010 I think will not be a bell ringer.

Comment

Beans over $10.00 Canola Drops.
              That's the post. Which is expensive to grow vs cheap to grow. Hm

Comment

Thought this is interesting to read. http://www.agrimoney.com/news/paris-****seed-soars-to-highest-since-2008--1633.html

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...