• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Canola Acreage dropping in 2010.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Canola Acreage dropping in 2010.

Just looking at our seeding intentions and fields that were going to seed Canola OMG were going to be down not up on acreage this year. Unless we rent another 1/2 that were thinking of buying in fall.
    This drop is do to keeping a three year rotation, hell could be every second year. So what evey one else doing seems Canola will be up huge (yes I slammed that fact) But for our area it seems Lentils will be making a come back, Peas lots of new young guys growing for first time in years, older pea producers are dropping like a stone. Flax will be non existent no one is cleaning in our area. Hrs will be stable to no increase, Durum way way way way down. Lots bailing, now Barley and oats since its early hard to read where these will be, lots signed up on Barley with Canada Malt but oats not sure. Chick peas non existent with all remembering problems of the past. Mustard I think every one still has last years in bin.

Coffee shop talk sounds like canola on canola with a few farmers. 90% already 50-50 in this area. Must be non traditional areas trying some. How much rain in AB to this point?

Comment

Does the open interest in July Canola seem high?? today it's over 82,500. is it a signal and which side is it on?

Comment

Havn't been on A-ville much lately but I thought I would add my two coppers worth here.

I've been on a two year canola rotation for well over ten years now, and my only problems because of it is income tax!

I am also seeding a half section this year canola on canola.

seeding peas on canola

wheat? F wheat, 1/3 of acres in wheat and that's my only cereals.

There is zero money in anything the cwb touches,influences,effects,looks at,talks about. If the cwb even thinks about a crop, it's value drops.

I'm seriously thinking about a 50/50 canola/pea rotation for following years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...