• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding progress?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couldn't agree with you more cotton. But that makes us evil capitalist pigs for not standing up to the man, and an asshole for paying 50 plus rent but once you do the math 50 isnt so bad as long as you have enough land to justify the iron. Nothing 5-6000 doesnt cure. Suck it up freewheat it isnt your godgiven right to farm. If that area is so bad lately maybe you need to expand 30 miles to get out of it. You arent the only one that has to fight to get a crop in or off. I know I am an ass, get back on the horse

Comment

Can anyone here imagine getting 10 inches of rain at one time - check out what just happened in the southern U.S.
      Sometime it sucks here but it can be worse elsewhere. Let alone the massive tornado threat tonight down there!

Comment

We've had that 4 or 5 times in the last 14 years. You are right, it sucks.

Comment

Free wheat I have to say after years of seeing farmers financial statements usually the ones who are the most envied in a district are the closest to bankruptcy of all. Unless your in oil country. But we all live with mother nature running the show, sorry the south and west worries about drought. The east to much moisture and frost. The north same and the very south Drought and over moisture. Hell it froze in Regina in 2002 and 2004. Its not our god given right to farm. Remember in 100 years only 2% return on your money. But like cotton says expanding and running decent machinery is way way way more fun. But please remember we all have stress its just ones ability to handle it that's different.

Comment

Zero here. Seeding May 10, need more moisture.

Comment

green valley where the heck did you not get any moisture.

Comment

The second snow storm miss here just puff while from Stettler to Regina get good moisture. When I went to Irma Gratton Coulee to pick up parts and see green on pasture but in here west of Rimbey is still struggle to get green. Last week went to Oyen and saw fall harvest stubble and pull out straw stem and there is great moisture out there and house lawn grass is good there and ready to mow. The most recently rain is just over 1 inch but ground drank up. I guess pallinser triangle is moving to west.

Comment

Just heard Calgary may get snow 2nite. sheez

Comment

opps, tomorrow for Calgary.

Comment

No you are not alone freewheat, Lots of us out there in simular situations. We just need more of us to start tellin the story as to how it really is out here, and to get people elected etc that really will do something about the level of risk that has been offloaded to us by the all those who buy off the governmemts of the day just so they can legalize their corruption and rule of the industry. this is not just about us farmers but many working people also, our system is in some ways as corrupt or more than many countries that the media criticize and mock at. Things have gone way too far off in favour of the corporate rule. I get a kick out of these extremist right-wingers who say that government programs should not exist, but at the same time they are the first ones and by a thousand fold lining up for government handouts for labour subsidies, training subsidies, the oil industry is a good example billions on billions of gov money (OUR MONEY) for exploration yet billions in profit, but farmers have to foot the bill for seed companies that want to develope new seeds chemicals etc. Our product benefits society more than oil yet we pay the whole shot, but then again just one example but we don't buy off the politicians either.
                      I know this doesn't help your immediate situation or mine for that matter.

Comment

I get a kick out of people who never read economic
                        history.

It was extreme right wing free market thinkers who
                        made possible the greatest economic growth
                        ever...called the industrial revolution.

Comment

I think in terms of politics, I would be very right wing. Having farm programs that pay out and then screw up and needing repayment need to go. I think all we need, or I would like is a crop insurance that had more stability. All I ask for is a better guarantee. Tie guarantees to how well one farms, take out disaster years beyond ones control like 2004, 2006, 2007, and I'd feel a lot better. I'd be willing to pay into something if it gave a better guarantee based on reality, and todays input costs.

Feeling better today, still waiting for my tractor to get fixed, and its snowing like a dang. WE ARE WET. Had a 2000 dollar tractor fix turn into 10 000. So I'm not ready regardless, but this weather is retarded. Most guys figure mid may is very optimistic.

Comment

No I must have missed that book about the extreme right wingers being responsible for all the progress of the industrial revolution, I'll ask for it next time at the bookstore.
                            If you look at past posts I have said more or less the same as you Freewheat, get rid of CAis either beef up a crop insurance that actually means something or come up with something else. I don't believe in there being a situation where you get money with no effort, but I do believe that if you go through the floods frost drought etc. there ought to be something there that doesn't punish you for those disasters that occur to the point that the program itself becomes a disaster and ineffective such as cais and crop insurance is now.
                            Curios what is your definition of " right wing" and " extreme right wing"?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...