• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burnoff for Dandelion Control

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnoff for Dandelion Control

Got a couple fields with some dandelions in them, first time we have had this problem. Anyone have any ideas or products that have worked for burnoff control? Of course, am seeding to lentils.

I got this product called heat that is suppose to kick dandlion ass but supposed short supply there is no mixing instruction and its not in the book its granular and you throw it in on top of your glypos if anybody knows anything about it I would like to here

Comment

Mixing for HEAT.......
      HEAT first, then the glyphos then the correct ammound of Adjuvant. The label calls for 2 jugs of Merge per 80 acre container of HEAT.

Comment

If seeding wheat or barley add Express to your glyphosate - provides better control and also gets some broadleaves. There are other alternatives (Prepass I think) that also do the same thing.

Comment

Picked up some heat, will give that a go. Dealer said it was kinda a toss up, heat or Aim (Cleanstart). Thought Heat would be a bit better then Cleanstart on Dandielion.

Comment

it better be, its twice as much money. Stick to express on cereals. It systematic where as heat and cleanstart are contact herbicides.

Comment

I have used a lot of express in the past to strenghten half litre R-up in past couple years when it was expensive, this year find I am just increasing to .75 or 1 litre. Do you feel express helps on dandelion?

Used express once ahead of lentils and would not repeat. Wonder if a imi tolerant lentil would have more resistance to group 2 express used with burnoff?

Comment

We use express on fields not spayed in crop last fall Canola stubble since we were combining in nov. It works really good but slow kill. Add 1/2 to 1 liter glypos its cheap this year.

Comment

Clean start is group 9 and group 14. Express SG and
                  express pro are group 2.

Heat is also group 14 I believe.

Something to consider. It is scary how many group 2
                  herbicides are used. It may be worth switching out of
                  the group 2 to reduce the risk of resistance.

Comment

Fyi I use cleanstart and have started using HEAT this year. I do this on all my lentil acres. Have gotten reasonably good results on dandelion with cleansyart and hoping for same with HEAT. As others have said it is a contact so no less than 6 gpa imo with high pressure to fog er in. I have never been happier after moving away as much as I can from group 2's like refine and express. (Hey have their place in limited quantities only

Comment

Agroligist suggested 2 litres of glyfos at today`s prices for real bad dandelions. Said it should clean up everything.

Comment

Actually your agrologist is correct a 2 liter dose will clean up everything awesome. Cheap.

Comment

Your agrologist should read Kristin Hacault's masters project on dandelions. The seedlings in the fall are the time to get them. They germ after incrop spraying and preharvest won't get them either. They overwinter and really start to grow in the spring and are difficult to stop. Best control is florasulam in the fall. There also are many biotypes highly controlled with 24,D but others not. Complex plant that is taking over the world it seems.

Comment

that is right, but doesn`t help right now. 2 litres of glyfos will. I have fall sprayed with 17 ounces of 24D,and had no control. Was told to also use 2 litres post harvest on new growth. My problem was no regrowth last fall..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...