• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

19,100 bu steel floors???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19,100 bu steel floors???

Does anyone have a 19,000 or 20,000 bu bin with a steel floor?

I was wondering how durable they are. That is a pretty big bin to put on a steel floor.

I have a 8,750 bin on a steel floor and have had it for 7 years or so with no trouble.

What diameter ?? What is your plan for base material?? You are carrying approx. 1.1 times more weight per square foot than the little old 3300 bushel westeels on 9 6x4s. If done properly I don't see why its a problem .. Good compacted base is key imo

Comment

30 foot diameter. 10 inches of crushed rock for a base is what they recomend.

Not sure if I will go this way. Still considering a grain bagger.

We have more than enough bins for the land we own but not enough on the land we rent.

If the rented land gets sold for $1200 acre can't afford to buy it and we would have the bins and no land.

Not sure what to do but do not want to put it on the ground. We have to grow it first but there is some deals on bins and baggers now and if we wait to long it will be hard to have some thing set up before harvest.

Comment

It would not worry me abouyt that type of base material. The bin will be fine on that. I personall would do 4-6 inches compactible fil with 4-6 inches crush on that. You are right there are some good deals right now on bins. The price of good storage has never gone down in price, only up over time. Have made a better roi on bins than anything else at times I think. I don't have time or enough help to deal with a bagger. When we originally leased our first 20000 bush bins we were facing the same issues with rented land.. Now we own that land and the bins are 27 percent higher in price than when purchased. My dad has said there has never been a time in his 50 year farming career that he ever regretted buying bins. Good stoage is a solid investment long term imo.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...