• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the CWB going broke or subsidising the Consumer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogpatch, I do not have fill a boat with canola - a tandem load at a time when I want works just fine - has for years.

Comment

I don't see any CWB ass filling a boat either. And we are all charged more freight than we should be. If the CWB talks to its grain buyers like it talks to us then we lose more sales from customers just walking away than we want to know about.

Comment

dogpatch,you say:

"the CWB is no different than your local Co-op"

Read the CWB Act. CWB legislation reads that they are required to sell wheat and barley for what they consider as a "reasonable" price.

Read that again. My thoughts might be a bit wobbly today, but I can understand that meant-to-be wobbly legislation.

"reasonable"

Pars

Comment

Pars.....

Actually it was TOM4CWB that called the CWB a Co-op. Not to confuse that with the rest of them, I kind of agreed with him that they were like a coop where at the end of the year, a patronage dividend came back. In the CWB its called a final payment.

A coop is designed by its members to provide goods and services for a reasonable price, and unlike a corporation, the profits are returned to the members that have used the services the coop provided. In a corporation the profits are returned to the shareholders in the form of a dividend too.

Hope that clears things up.

"the CWB is no different than your local Co-op"

Read the CWB Act. CWB legislation reads that they are required to sell wheat and barley for what they consider as a "reasonable" price.

Read that again. My thoughts might be a bit wobbly today, but I can understand that meant-to-be wobbly legislation.

"reasonable"

Pars

Comment

Yes.... reasonable

Thats a matter of personal opinion. Some people are quite happy with the price they receive or pay for a service, and others are not. Reasonable is a funny work to fit into a value to make everyone happy.

Comment

Maybe I'm not clear.

The CWB Act does not read, get the farmer the "best price".

No. It is legislatively mandated to sell the grain for what the CWB thinks is "reasonable". Personal opinions!

If they believe $2.00 is reasonable, that that's the profit you will bank and eat.

And another point: My local co-op courts my membership. The CWB co-op forces, by jail, my participation.

BIG difference. Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...