• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much rain.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much rain.

We ended up with around three inches scince last friday. South and east of N.B. 4 . Never seen this before. Water everywhere around S'toon from what I hear.

Lots. Have guage out, but once it rains 2 tenths here, the next 2 inches isn't going to make much difference.

Comment

Too much. Won't turn a wheel until June.

Comment

8.5 inches this spring so far also, 2.25 last rain so anything over .2 inches did run off here also and will still be running for another day, 5 days for some ditches, or more depending how far the water comes from, creek as high as it gets. Sloughs where there is never supposed to be sloughs, so likely only wedges to plant if we ever can get out there, so many wondering here weather to plant all the acres as she is going to be late even if we get all sunshine now, forecast is for cool and looks we will be getting frost within the next 6 nights. Maybe the high moisture may help the canola plants through the frosts, yet some will be stressed from the high moisture. Let mother nature do its thing.

Comment

There is obviously more water running out of ours sloughs than there is actually water in the sloughs so it must be seeping from ground around the sloughs also.

Comment

We had 3/4 of inch since yesterday morning wet. But fort to regina water standing in rows and lots lying in ditch. Heading back through southey.

Comment

1.65" south of the Qu'Appelle valley west of the Fort since friday. Mudded a bit on monday till rained out in the evening. Wind damage to shelter belt trees monday nite tues morn.
              Flurries by sunday they say. low of -1c.

Comment

starting from the spring run off, each rain has increased the size of the wet spots, acres left to seed are getting smaller every rain, but so are the acres I've planted. lots of water sitting out in newly emerged fields, plants too small and will be lost to flooding. 15-20mm for tonight, 15-20 Thur and 5-10 for Sat. Not sure how much will be planted if/after we get that. I will not plant past June 15th.

Comment

They say there is afirst time for everything. Have never seeded in but sure will be this year. In our area most guys are in the 1/3 finished stage with the odd one at half done. 6.25 inches since the snow melt.

Comment

Similar here, water in every dip seeded land, worse in no tilled. And summerfallow is ridiculous, can't do that, ever. 1.8" since Friday, 6" since snow melt. That's about triple our average to May 30. I expect to see v-ditching if it rains this week those 2-3".

Comment

Suicide watch-freewheat you sill with us.

Comment

Cotton, I'm still here. Thanks for asking. A bit stressed, but hey who isn't?

Comment

I know I am, Tried seeding this afternoon and ended up plugging the caster wheels on the aircart solid with mud and straw. Oh well I had to try.

Comment

Some seeding going on here. Not bad going they say - the usual got stuck, some bad. Most others seeded just fine today, around wet spots. I got the corn in myself.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...