• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain starting thursday again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain starting thursday again

Went out with the quad today and got rained on about 7 different times even some hail fell out of the sky. We need till thursday at the soonest to get the planters working. Some neighbours digging v ditches and I will be one in the morning, being careful to make sure it goes into already running water. Then hook onto cultivator and start scratching, maybe load of drill and seed truck first. by the time I get the drill ready and first field ready I think it will be thursday and if forecast is correct it will be raining again. Can't say were not trying.

On a happy note if it rains on thursday I am going fishing, at least it will be warm enough this time.

Comment

Good call haopper, big fish bitin good at Keely.

Comment

Well another day of playing in the mud its actually getting worse each rain event. This last one we got short changed and only had a 1/4 inch. Aw. But was able to play today. Were at 85% tonight and canola is all in. Tomorrow back to HRS to finish up. Seeding 2.5 bushels an acre and just skimming. Hopefully the forecast is wrong till Friday night at least might actually finish by then and then Pluck it were going fishing. Their calling come get me.

Comment

Sounds like saskfarmer 3 should rent all the cabins at Besnard for all us farmers only half done.

Comment

Maybe houseboats on Laronge are available hint hint

Comment

Biggest fish I've ever caught was a 22 lb. jackfish. Anyone else with a big fish?

I can fillet a fish, and not too shabby. Pars

Comment

So, hopper, if I can catch big ones and if I can fillet, and if I wear a raincoat, I'll look just like one of the guys, and should be able to tag along. Right? LOL

Pars

ps Seeding in this area today. Cold at 2° tonight. Keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

Rain starting thursday? Rained all day today here again.

Comment

Just to add insult to injury the sky threw pea sized hail at me today. Oh bother :~(

Comment

Pars,s/f,hoper maybe we should take burbot with us ... for an anchor.lol

Comment

Best fishing ever done was when I was single and 8 of us use to fly a hour north of Missinippi to a lake. You were their 5 days wow what a adventure. Lots of stories, But main thing had to weigh all beer so made sure had enough for the 5 days. Food was then added. Ah. One of the guys on the trip took his wife and kids up to Uranium City for fishing trip he said it was just plain amazing. The water moved. Oh well sun is shinning and the two drills are going I might spray today if it stays this way. But forecast is rain. We need till Thursday or Friday.

Comment

I hope no one sprays anything in crop here, burnoff maybe by noon. Anyone thinking of doing peas or first shot round up canola in the next few days is going to be sad next week.

Comment

No have two quarters of HRS that havent had a burnoff. Their getting it today. As for peas learnt last year when frost is in forcast go home. Pursuit stunted the little buggers last year. Also odessy etc. Peas(april) Durum (april) and early HRS next week will be sprayed.

Comment

Seen the same thing in neighboring fields, my sprayer just got parked for at least five days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...