• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frost.... again in June

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frost.... again in June

Ice on the hood of the truck, garage roof white and grass is a little crunchy. Gona be a long week. hopefully we fair better than last year(oh ya, 1st week of june as well) Time to go to Keely for a few days.

Airport says 2.....

Comment

Over 80% of the canola seeded here has emerged or already in the 2-3 leaf stage. Pea and canola plants were stiff by 5 - 5:30 a.m. everywhere I drove - not just low spots. Hopefully damage is light to moderate, should be????

Comment

I help a neighbor reseed some canola just before this last moisture event that was froze off. The canola he grew came from south America. I wonder if it is as hardy and acclimatized? Makes you wonder if we really know what were doing.

Comment

We had canola plots last year with seed from Chile, they were by far the worst hit from frost - in three different fields, not a fluke.

Comment

Where abouts are you located Furrow Tickler? Just by reading your posts I have figured somewhere around NB? Glaslyn? Meota? Or further North yet? Im south of Battleford and we had a touch of frost last night. Was slightly above -1 and there was frost on the hood/roof of the vehicles. Thinking minor damage at that temp. Going crop checking right now. Probably won't see much yet.

Comment

Just north east, I expect light to moderate damage at best. Conditions are soo much different than last year, but this timeing in June sucks. Wait till wed - thurs before making assesments though at the earliest. The canola may look not so good today - tomorow, but should recover. Look at the latest info on the canola growers site, some very good info on frost damage and recovery.

Comment

I don't think it froze west of town this time. Sasckcan how far south east of NB are you, I have some dirt out that way but haven't been out to check it yet today.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...