• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weather forecast

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather forecast

Does anyone know if these monsoons were predicted by anyone,environment canada,farmers almanac or even the pig spleen guy?Just back from a bike ride and am pretty sure there is no chance of getting any more seeded in 2010.Was just starting to move ahead after the last goround of unseeded acres and frost, I hate survival mode.

Rain/showers/t-storms every day for the next 5 days here. Heavy showers are popping up out of no where by 2 p.m. every day. Small clouds, heavy downpours. Drew Learner was the only one who predicted rains to develop from south east to north west over time, just not this much and this early. Enviro-Can has had and still has not a frickin clue as to what is happening. A week ago David Philips said we should have clear sailing from the last few days in may through june - scince then some places around here have had over 5 in with rain every day..

Comment

Have a talk with Buddha. He's been listening in this area.

Comment

The fog and hoar frost is 100% accurate for rain in 3 months, so I am hearing. Anyone keep track of those dates and when the h*ll do they end. Another 1" of soil poison today! Farmgate today does a great job showing all the f**king water in three provinces. Wonder if the market and politicians watch it?

Comment

Its amazing - the fogs are more accurate than all the well paid weathermen.

I swear the seagulls are even wishing they had umbrellas.

Comment

I feel for you guys caught in this terrible predicament but to call water "soil poison" is stretching it a bit. We are at the other extreme - coming off a record drought and still running a substantial moisture deficit. Too much can be a pain but it's the one commodity you can't do without either. If any of you can send 4-5 inches there is still a big area in Alberta that would gladly swallow it up.

Comment

What else would you call 3 years worth of rain that is killing your crops, making your soil saline, washing down your nutrients and preventing a whole growing season? Too much of a necessity can still have very negative consequences.

Comment

You would call it, Climate change.

Comment

Climate is always changing. It will be different every year, might even be worse next year. This sounds like the 50's in this area. I lived similar wet 70's. But it's still COLD and WET, nothing to do with Global Warming, or carbon emissions, which should mean HOT and DRY. But definitely nothing caused by humans or can be changed by us. It's simply the jet stream stuck in one position refusing to move north of us, repeating the same pattern for nearly 2 months. Same crap happened all of last October. Then from November to mid Jan and total lack of precip.It's like the movie Groundhog Day!

Comment

Got 3 inches of soil poison on the weekend. SOIL POISON love that term for water.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...