• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CWB & Winter Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CWB & Winter Wheat

Dear Jeff and Henry,

I see the May PRO for 09/10 1CWRW is $177/t. The CWB May PRO for 10/11 is 178/t; both Port prices with further massive discounts for the eastern 'Designated Area'.

With all the early sales of winter wheat at truly very good values... what justifies the CWB stealing our select winter wheat as generic winter wheat, and refusing to buy it with the protien grid for higher Protien.

THE CWB made the grainco's tender for the few cars of Select Winter wheat that were bought... I am told charging up to $25/t to award hopper cars for a Select premium of $10/t.

These people are the biggest rip off artists I have ever seen.

I believe this is what is known as,"working for the farmer".

Comment

I see steam rising from Killam, there must be something boiling there.

Comment

Crusher,

Fair is Fair... we must work with these folks.

The CWB is intentionally discounting and actively destroying the best crop for soil conservation, wildlife habitat, diversification for seeding(Fall seeded to take pressure of spring planting) and moisture utilization.

An environmental assesment should be done on how the CWB has prevented winter wheat from being a profitable crop in the 'designated area' thereby costing/hurting our environment.

By far the huge majority of the world grows and mills winter wheat.

I just checked the DTN USDA report for the PNW: HRW 13px is worth $5.29/bu US and 1DNS 13px is worth about $5.05/bu US

Instead the CWB discounts us $31/t between 1CWRW and 3CWRS 13px.

What a joke.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...