• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Progress show Next week!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farm Progress show Next week!

Well it looks now like were going to have nice weather today then flood Thur and Friday and some sat then nice sun to Tuesday before the rain returns. So from Wednesday to Friday see you all at Western Canada Farm Progress show. Forget about your fun on the farm and visit with friends have a beer or two and look at Iron.

WHY?

If farmers didn't show up I think there would be more concern about the crisis in sask. Keep going and you are sending them a message everything is fine and just keep on gouging the shit out of us for the overpriced iron.

Comment

And politicians listen better to equipment manufacturers than a bunch of farmers.

If numbers were down someone would take notice. But the media could still put a positive spin on it.

Besides, I have not put a lot of hours on machinery this year so don't need to look at same equipment with a different panel on it.

Comment

After this disaster we wont be buying anything used so I cant drag myself there to look at new stuff. I hate the feeling when they give you the sales pitch that you know deep down you cant afford anything. I think I will save my few pennies that I have left and spend it on my family. They will appreciate it more than some salesman who doesnt care if you couldnt seed or have anything to harvest.

Comment

NO WAY I'M GOING!!!!!
          Will not be budgeting any money for replacement of iron for the foreseeable future.

Comment

It has become a show to show off big stuff of little interest to my.
            The crop production show is far better.
            The best line I heard the fits the idea behind the farm progress
            show was a few years ago. I was a Bourgault booth looking for
            some answers on a problem. It was the introduction of their
            650bus air tank. Some representative of some other company
            asked a Brougault representative if they would sell a unit that
            big. His answer was yes because farmers always want something
            bigger than their neighbors. When I ask the representative my
            question, his answer was to buy the new unit as it had
            corrected the problem

Comment

Yeah,I have better things to do..

Comment

Nope, wont see me there. Havent been for 3-4 years. Too big, too expensive.

Comment

Agree, Bucket, if nobody showed up that would be the biggest wake up call ever!
                  Everybody, BOYCOTT! Exactly, all the manufacturers bring to the show is the biggest iron they can weld and bolt together. 90% applies to 10% of farmers. It feeds more over sized egos. Getting right out of hand.

Comment

I went to Disney Land already in Feb, no nead to see anouther fantasy land. May go to visit and have a beer, rip some chem reps just for fun. As far as Iron who gives a shit.

Comment

i go once in a while ,just to see what equipment i will be buying 10 years later.
                      given my age , i had better go this year , won't be much point going after that.

Comment

No interest in this show. Its geared for larger more efficient farms than mine. I agree the companies do make good equipment I am fortunate to buy 10 year old iron that will last a very long time. I make my living with other farmers discards!!

Comment

Hey guys Its just a show. I attend to visit (notice not buy product) with friends and neighbors plus those that I either worked with or went to UofS with. Its a social outing. But have to stop at one booth and give a little information about how our drill performed.

Comment

I'm going for one reason. Gotta heckle Farm Credit. They suck. If you see a young disgruntled farmer wearing a sign that says, "Don't deal with FCC, they take 8 weeks to process a loan application" That would be yours truly.

Comment

Shouldn't for 2010 it be retitled
                              LACK OF Farm Progress show ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...