• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farm Progress show Next week!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about "Sask Monsoon Show" forget the dryland farming theme. Or "Lack of Crop Show", For 2011 could be "Lack of Farmers Show"

Comment

When it becomes " Lack of farm manufacturers show " then the media and politicians will take notice.

Unfortantely they don't understand the GM cause and effect yet.

Had they let gm fail the canadian economy would have still been in the toilet.

Let the farmers fail and you have got the 30's all over again.

I see believe had the farmer not been as profitable when the economy was tanking this country would be in the shitter still.

Comment

I go just about every year but knowone can ever say they made a sale because of it.

I would like to see a show where things that are showen on PFR and farm show mag are displayed. Things farmers have made or improved on in their shops. Maybe even some good used machinery and affordable things for the average size farms.

For me I will never run all this big electronic stuff. Alright for younger guys but I rather marvel at inovative farmers and craftsmen, than collage educated with all the cash at their disposal.

Comment

H"ad they let gm fail the canadian economy would have still been in the toilet"

Hm..

Ford is still here, is it not? How did they survive? They weren't bailed out.

Comment

Bucket, I know what you are saying, but I can not agree. I have been farming for 18 years and one thing that I know is absolutely for certain about Ag in Canada, is that no "real" people give a f#ck about farmers or farming in general. The food is in the store, prices are cheap, and farmers are still willing to grow more for less in the name of efficiency. I do know, that, in all the hardships caused by weather in the past have never really been decently compensated. Everybody inches by and all they get is older and more cynical. So, to think that when farming gets bad, the economy will suffer, is naive at best. I used to carry those thoughts around but not anymore. What we do in Sask should and probably does affect the economy but absolutely no one in politics, government, or society in general will acknowledge it. After so many years of trying real hard for quality and yeild or thinking that I, "grow food", or "feed the world" its a false sense of accomplishment. I have a new default answer. "Its just farming, we are not that important." Say it a few times in a public setting, and watch the heads nod in agreement. Apologies for the rant.

Comment

Yes, you are right. But the minute the consumer doesn't have that cheap food things will change.

Remember a couple of years ago when the national started talking about the increase in bread prices. They mentioned that farmers were getting paid big prices for wheat.

Our organizations like APAS, NFU never remind the media about the fact that the price of wheat has come down but the price of bread is still up.

Even today no one is talking about the disaster coming. No press. Its like if a tree falls in forest.....

We are taken for granted whereas in any other part of the world farmers are treated as an important part of a nations well being.

Comment

Thats the point I am trying to make. Price for consumer went up, they thought farmers were robbing them. Now that the price is half what it was, everything is fine again....WTF?

Comment

So we agree.

The last time I talked to someone from APAS, I realized these guys were only supporting their own agendas or pocketbook.

And the NFU is a slush fund to support the cwb. They seem to have forgotten about this disaster as well.

They have no plan. And its quite obvious or they would be planning something to get the media or government's attention.

You hear what? Nothing. Lots of funding but do absolutely nothing. And some people wonder why farmers are where they are.

Comment

So very true bucket!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...