• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers will never come together!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Area 5B at 29% up 1% all week. That's us, on average, last to seed. We are direct opposite to the poor guys normally too dry to the west. As much as those fear drought, we fear too wet in spring and at harvest. Each of us unable to fathom the other's predicament. Last year their short crop, this year we are big unseeded losers.
    9AE PA 43%, 8B Melfort 46%, 8A Tisdale 51%, 5A Yorkton 58%, 6A Watrous 65%, 2A Weyburn 65%, 1B Grenfell 68%. the rest are all better. N of Maple creek the most at 94%.

Comment

I think close to zero flax was seeded in sask.

Comment

U.S. Weather office says above normal rains for Sask next week.

Comment

Like last year, the crops were oh so bad yet very close to long term averages. MArkets don't care a lot if SF3 ******* all the time, he will even if it was perfect. But the grass is green and it is sunny on Portage and Main and is only June 11th. Especially with the long season in Manitoba it will still be wait and see for a while yet.

Comment

Thought I would give my 2 cents as well

Its really bad where we farm and we managed to try and seed about 70 of the acres. Some of those are lost to flooding and more will likely be lost because it continues to rain and good growing conditions are slim.

I keep my hopes up that the crop that is seeded turns out okay and that this fall we can look back and say I would never had thought it could have turned out like it did.

For the rest of you that are better off, I am happy for you and hope you have a great year. You would have experienced challenges in the past that we would not have experienced but now its your turn.

Unfortunately we all cannot have great years every year and definitely not all at the same time.

I like the comments you made mcfarms because it is the reality of the industry and every other industry

Comment

SF3.

We all don't believe that you are full of hot air. That's the good thing about a forum like this. There are a variety of agricultural interests presenting their views here, and some of them are not on your side. Be happy that with all the moisture out there, that they haven't yet said that "you have spit for brains."!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...