• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmers will never come together!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmers will never come together!

My good god any one with a kindergarden education should get the fact that its raining and raining and raining. Yet their are farmers (supposed to be) who keep telling me that its only in certain areas, most are done its a wet wet. No wonder we cant agree on getting rid of the damn CWB. It seems that their is always a few who just want to see that their farm is ok so must be the rest of farmers out their that are doing things wrong etc etc. Well to guys like Super dave etc its wet man and its not just a certain area. It was an amazing fall last year But oh wait it rained for the whole month of October. ETC ETC. Simply weather controls our destiny just to bad some dont get the fact that it may be nice on their farm but for most farmers its really wet.

Jeez, I am not saying it is not wet and it is not like i do not have concern or care for those that i personally know are only 50% done (or less), within the wettest areas. If you want to say everyone is screwed but in the next breath say you are finished seeding, do you want to have an objective discussion about areas that are ok, or do you want only talk about the problems. You wonder why markets do not do exactly what you think they should do, it is because you will only look at one side of the market.

Comment

oK DAVE IN YOUR PERFECT WORLD tell us all how well your crops are doing and the area so we can all see. My god I finished becasue we go totally stupid when we can (thats not a slight on ones who didnt get it seeded its just when we can seed we go nuts) Our area missed some rains and we did get it in but what I am talking about is the whole problem in Sask. Not my own little acre. THats the discussion.

Comment

Ok SF3, all of Sask is screwed, most of AB and most of Man because of too much rain.

What do you want to discuss.

Give it a rest already.

Comment

If you can put aside the hands-on farming aspect of land, for a moment, and view your land:

... as a basic reasonable, sound investment;
          ...as a 100% non-renewable resource;
          ...as international investment property that attracts countless buyers;
          ...as a family heritage;
          ...as an limitless base for any type of enterprise: trees, bees, crops, livestock, quarantine; research; etc;
          ...as a fifty-year non-depreciating investment;
          ...as an investment @ a capital gains gift;
          ...as a quiet holiday retreat;
          ...as an investment opportunity to improve every year, with limited means, such as planting shelter belts, fencing, breaking bush, etc;

then, you will be truly pleased you do not have BP shares, and your patch of land will make you widly smile. Pars

Comment

The markets are starting to react, give it time, it will all sort itself out. Best off not to even look at market report and seeded acreage b/s for at least one more week - then a much more clear picture will be seen. Take a breather and keep a very close eye on what is in the ground and salvageable, worth much of your time then a pissin match on here. Canola three days ago was great here now virtualy overnight cutworm damage showing up - bad in spots. Keep your eye on the ball not the bleachers.

Comment

It's going to be hard for some, but your right pars...

Comment

And the bank, fcc, input suppliers would laugh me out of their offices while they foreclose, if I explained that to them.

Meanwhile, they will happily pay through taxes and higher fuel costs the manmade disaster in the gulf.

The sentimental value of my farm means nothing to my lenders.Period. Nothing.

And neither does the fact it is a good investment that I will pay for later than sooner given the current weather.

A smile will come when the sun breaks through and I can get seeding again but thats not looking too good now.

Comment

Peas like the cool weather and are happy. Tendrills are forming on them already.

Dandy year for potatoes. Pars

Comment

If you really want to keep your land, then downsize your trinkets and use the cash to make your payments.

Drive a pelter. Halve your cable. Sell the AV's. etc.

It's all in what you priotize. Pars

Comment

pastures are doing great. paddocks we grazed severely in late april came back with a vengeance. animal unit days per acre will be higher again this year.

Comment

jensend, do you grow/graze sainfoin?
                        Pars

Comment

Garden here is dead.

Comment

Back to Larry's estimate - numbers are going to shock some humble others.

Comment

Furrow or anyone I have one field of canola extremely thin and very few plants some plants have been badly eaten but I can't see any *** worms should I put some matador in with my spray just in case?how many plants per square ft meter do I need?

Fairly baffled crop on other land seeded at same time is fine

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...