• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floater Truck Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floater Truck Canola

The neighbor seed his canola with a floater truck, then harrowed it..It looks just fine...Its the same or maybe even better than mine...It was seeded at the end of may...So it works, if anyone is interested...

We did close to 2 quarters on pigshit and added Sulfer with seed. Did seed heavier to speed up crop later on. Looks really good.

Comment

SF3. thought everything was under water or turning purple? or is it relatively looking really good now?

Comment

Floater trucks have not moved much here. Dead in the water.

Comment

VWalk Kiss my @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

VWalk Kiss my @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

SF3. whats the problem. I am just a little confused as to how bad it is where you farm. It seems like it changes each day, just looking for clarification.

Comment

There is the trick, You have to be able to keep the floater truck from sinking. I dont even know how you could possibly harrow in these conditions. Water everwhere, roads washed out, 15 inches of rain since snow melt here. Yes floating will work if the conditions are right, but in some places they arn't great.

Comment

Vwalk I give report from Kamsack to Regina. Look on map that's the area either I am up their on weekend or back every night to city. That's the area I drive farm in middle so. If you cover an area like that daily tell us what you see. I'm confused.

Comment

The word floater truck really doesn't mean it will float. Once loaded even half give er strait then have to just about come to complete stop on corner you sink. It its 4x4 little better but chewing it up. Its a hit and miss but if have ground fertilized its an option. Field by Lorlie that's harrowed really interesting what will happen their.

Comment

The good looking emergence was done two weeks ago. If it turns out, why are we using $1/4 million air drills at 4.5mph?

Comment

fjlip, what I see on AV posts, is that zero till for the land is important. Others would suggest efficiency in one pass. I really had this decision to make about 5 years ago. If you spend $200,000 on a new air drill, and $125,000 on a good HC sprayer, then you can start saving!! I chose to spend that value on land, and keep using the stone age technology. does not look that good of an operation, but paying for land compared to renting it for decades.

Comment

I zero till,but if I were to sell my whole seeding unit(tractor,liquid buggy,old cultidrill ,and aircart)I would be lucky to get$120000.Sprayer maybe 40000.I also hate spending money on iron.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...