• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn on your deck/porch lights tonight?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn on your deck/porch lights tonight?

If your in the field seeding or spraying, hummor me and let me know what you see just at dark or later. If your at home throw the deck/porch lights on for half an hour at dark. Let me know what you see if anything and where you are at. I thought it was snowing as I came in the yard with the sprayer lights last night. Millions of little white moths - diamondbacks? Or too long of a day on the sprayer.lol

And no checking I am not whining, just observing. May be nothing - to many pilsner?

Comment

Furrow! spraying with Pilsner! Not a registered operator mix. Might be too many mosquitoes to see moths through them.

Comment

Furrowtickler, it's been bothering me for days, but you've given this clueless guy that doesn't know anything an opportunity to ask you two more questions. I truthfully was going to let it slide.

This "vandetta" you talked about. What automobile company manufactures it?

Secondly, didn't anyone inform you that you will never win a pissing match with a skunk, so please stop with the spraying?

Oh, and don't forget to turn off the porch light, okay!!

Comment

I never said you know nothing, I just said you know nothin of me. Take a deep breath - it's o.k. rain man, it's all good. How's the weather down there?
          Btw, there out again tonight, as I found out from others, and as I drove in the yard again - strange.
          And about the skunk thing, did you hit the nail on the head!!! Hire that native fellow yet? Cus your forcasts still sucks.

Comment

*** man, just let it go already. Get a life. Do you have to turn every second post into a bashing time for you.
            BTW, I love trees, they are good indicators of wind speed and direction, much better than the weather service.

Comment

Okay, you win. You can be the skunk.

I see on the news that the premier has come out and said that farmers are entitled to their entitlements. He will hold our hands to get us through this.

At the risk of regretting this, and being destroyed for an opinion, this area aims for a breakeven canola crop of 20 bushels/acre. At 25, we make a little money. The premier was visiting what I'm told is 70 bushel canola country. What do you believe you are entitled to for your area, furrow?

Comment

That debate should be left to those directly effected, not speculated by others. We are not in that position, yet, so it has not crossed my mind.

Comment

I like trees as well, providing they are properly located and have a tap root. Those types I have planted in the thousands. The rest are made to be cut, or pushed due to their nuisance factor.

Good on you furrowtickler if you do come to believe that insurance, of any kind, is not to be used as a money making scheme. You pay your premium, and hope you never have to use it.

Do you have a best guess as to traditional smf acres in your zone? I'm curious if these are figured in addition to the general 8 to 12 million we're told that won't be sown.

Comment

What's traditional, the last 5 yrs or 50 yrs? Alot has changed here and elsewhere. At one time it was 1/3, 2/3 then 25/75 - the past ten years it has been 95%. I suspect much the same else where, no? There is no way way to gauge treditional anymore imo.

Comment

Tried a search, but couldn't find anything more current than 1996. I simply thought that without a doubt the disaster zones would be claiming 100% of their acres when relief arrives. Perhaps the admin has it down to a science, and it's in their factors.

You asked how my weather was down here. It continues to be ideal. Total of a spread out 5.25" since snow melt, zero potholes of water, and if it's true when a crop gets going it can use up an inch/wk, we'll be interested in a rain, very shortly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...