• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oats

has gone completely parabolic

http://charts.insidestocks.com/chart.asp?
    sym=ZON0&data=A&jav=adv&vol=Y&divd=Y&evnt=a
    dv&grid=Y&code=BSTK&org=stk&fix=

I see canary seed has become active as well.

Comment

What is driving the oat market? Last I checked there was and exceptional amount of oats carry on the farm, processors were offering bids at below cost of production and quite happy to do that. With late seeding, that would suggest to me more oats planted would replace wheat canola as we moved into June. In my view, the graph is contradictory. I love that trend, just dont understand it.

Comment

hobby most that are trying to finish seeding aren't putting in oats. Last weeks price why would you seed it. Big deal about all in Bags is rained for 60 days and lots of bags have problems. Finally its the last half of June time is running out on this crop and farmers know that.

Comment

Expect Manitoba oat acreage to be way down. There were large inventories and no price. Well now the pendulum will swing the other way.

Comment

Speculators and hedge funds use computer models that start chasing anything with momentum that's why understanding a little technacil analsyst is important

Comment

In simple terms.

Exactly what CP said. Except now these people are caught with there pants down.

The same thing is happening in Oats now, as what happened in Mgex wheat in spring of 08.

Comment

Its basically a technical software rally, no real backup to it.

Comment

In the real world, there is going to be an abundance of hay in the fall, including forage and slough hay. Pars

Comment

for those whose sloughs dry up to grow garss and hay I suppose.

Comment

Hay and pasture are under water around us. Calves have died getting stuck in the mud. Some one said conditions are ideal for more anthrax! It's all scary with TOO much water.

Comment

pars, come on, everywhere/anyplace is a real world to those living there. Some are happy some are not, mother nature drives our moods, thoughts and pocket books more than anyone comprehends.

Comment

cott had posted:
                          "Speculators and hedge funds use computer models that start chasing anything with momentum "

Not the real world of the farm.

I used the term "in the real world", meaning 'on the farm'. Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...