• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flax "the sleeper"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flax "the sleeper"

Well it seems that farmers got sick and tired of all the BS and just didn't bother seeding flax but also the flooding is major cause of no acreage. Oh yea its just a small area that's really just a little wet, wink wink. We were going to do two quarters then decided against. Those that did seed lock your bins its set for nice surprise. Oh well you win some, and loose most. HA HA.

looks good so far. wish we had more. comes up well
    even in the crust.

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/omni
    zombi/IMG_0180-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e312/omnizombi
      /IMG_0180-1.jpg

Comment

I agree with just checked our field and it is amazing...the canole next to it, not so tough coming through the crust. That flax is definately a trooper> Unfortunately we have cutworms in it... we will need to spray.

Comment

Flax has started coming up today. Can get 9 bucks sept. Waiting for 11 then if crop looks OK will contract some.

Comment

Flax is one crop that does not like wet feet.Seeeded acres and yeilds are going to be way down.Flax can't be easily substituted--all this points to alot higher prices.Could it surpass the 2008 price of $20.50/bus?

Comment

Up again today. Can get 9.90 sept. Must be no farm selling yet.

Comment

rayglen targets hit at 10.50 picked up.

Heard from a neighbor who had them.

Said he put the targets in this morning.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...