• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANOTHER 400,000 acres about to be FLOODED OUT

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANOTHER 400,000 acres about to be FLOODED OUT

If this predicted rain event materializes another large amount acres will be taken out by being flooded. Alot of acres are on the brink of maybe surviving if it doesnt rain anymore or flooding out if it does rain any significant amount.The CWB 12.5 million acres with 0 production could be low! What do you guys think?

I was amazed at the photo weber put in his newsletter yesterday. Today looking from a large hill I seen the same thing in our area. Wasn't that bad yesterday.

Had an inch since 6am.

Comment

Where are you at bucket? Heavy rain warnings for various parts of sk. 50-100 mils. This could get very interesting?

Comment

Prediction! With the lack of canola acres seeded and thus lack of prodution.The Chinese will relax there restrictions on canadian canola-very soon.This could light-up the market price even further.

Comment

Yesterday farm news talked about a third less oats, after this rain maybe half. Next week more rain, soon virtually no crop. If it never changes this pattern, forget harvesting. One year here in the 50's, I am told, harvest was nearly impossible due to rain all summer. Combined the hills after it froze up. And next year after snow way less acres seeded.

Comment

Every year i wish i had flat land,except this year.

Comment

Quick math question.

If you have a 100 foot diameter slough, how much bigger does it have to get in diameter to double the area lost????

A. 200 ft in diameter
              B. 150 ft in diameter
              C. 110 ft in diameter
              D. 141 ft in diameter
              e. Most politicians don't know and don't care

If you are wondering why I ask this, its because the acres lost grows exponentially. The losses grow the same way.

Comment

141, so the flatter the land the faster the area flooded increases? In rolling terrain we get more but smaller potholes.

Comment

Question should be worded better though. Only has to get 41 feet bigger for 141 feet total. The way the question is asked, makes it sounds like it would be 141 feet more than it is now.

Comment

dalek

I read that again and you are right.

If the slough goes from 100 feet in diameter to 141 feet in diameter it doubles in area. Technically 41 feet wider in diameter.

In radius terms, its only 20 feet further out from the center. Half a drill width.

But the sloughs are growing and around here the seeded acres and harvestable acres are getting smaller not larger.

Comment

Both correct. Area = pi x radius squared. First case area = 7850 square feet. Double the area and the radius of the slough moves to 70.71 feet.

Or, if you're combining with cp, then slope = rise over run. Won't say if that is forehead, or hill. (lol)

Comment

Vieta would be proud.

Comment

Sheesh, everybody knows that cakes are square
                          and pi is round!

Comment

How that Yahn Martel guy made money writing a book about the life of pi amazes me. A pi only lasts about a day around here....I guess it was a short story.

Comment

Somebodys mom never hugged them enough

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...