• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This years min degrading factors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This years min degrading factors

I found some volunteer wheat that has gone to head. 1/3 of the heads were distroyed with smut. Frost is going to be a big concern with crops being much later. If it stays wet mildews and fungi will be a problem, Dockage could be higher due to not being able to spray many lower areas. Green second growth if the low areas come back after it dries up.

What concerns are you guys seeing in your areas? Are we looking at a lower production and lower quality?

It will be a field day of a year to screw us on grading,i
    hope nobody gets strangled.

Comment

How so? I would think this would be the year where marketing skills and competition shows up to find and make deals between companies and facilities for blending for our buisiness. Quantity will be low and quality will have to be made up by, blending for grade improvement, to get our grain so they can improve there share.

Ball will be in our court.

Comment

The only challenge in our area so far will be bin space.

Comment

Thats awsome but better buy hail insurance. wink wink

Comment

Farming certainly is one of the very very few industries where almost all the risk is removed by creative handouts by our generous government.

The flipside, no risk, minimal gain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...