• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB winter rail program

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB winter rail program

Dear Charlie,

Do you have any idea how many tonnes and the cost per tonne of this program for 2009-10? Did the CWB ship much durum?

Actually don't know the answer to either question. To manufacture, I would start with CGC Grain Statistics weekly.

<a href="http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/statistics-statistiques/gsw-shg/2009-10/week-semaine-46/gsw-shg-13-eng.htm">disposition of canadian grain</a>

From this table, there was 540,000 tonnes of durum shipped from western primary/process elevators to eastern transfer elevators (my guess rail). There was 965,000
    tonnes shipped to Thunder Bay. Some of this may have been railed east in a winter program. Even 100.000 tonnes of durum moved out of Churchill so far in 2009/10.
    Other numbers are also interesting.

Comment

I screwed up. You actually shipped 152,000 tonnes of durum out of Churchill.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...