• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crop checking from long way up

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crop checking from long way up

From 30,000 ft. today Calgary to Regina. Crops in general look very late and thin. You can see right through canopy witch seems late for mid July. Most water seems to be gone but lots of missed areas and drill misses maybe more plugged runs than we thought.

Best looking area might be around Moose Jaw, that I could see. Before the pasture land. Lots of hay cut not much baled.

I'd say we had best keep our knees bent, asking for late frost. Long ways to go, need heat, fast before heading.

Looks to me like we will have some huge quality problems, frost if stays cool and crop is late, heat stress if it turns hot during filling. If midge take off good chance for sev midge damage no matter how bad they are. Maybe lots of drying to do.

I know this isn't the best way to crop check on a hot sunday afternoon but was a good way to see lots of country fast. No beer but did get pretzels.

Just drove to Milestone SK and surprised at the amount of crop unseeded south of Regina. That is some relativly expensive dirt to not grow a crop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...