• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took first trip N To Hudson Bay and Back.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took first trip N To Hudson Bay and Back.

Had a demo day in Wadena so headed West From Kamsack area to Wadena then north to Kelvington, porcupine and up to Hudson bay then home. Long fun day. But what is shocking is the fact we all heard about it and saw some of it but when you head west of Canora you really see fields upon fields that are seeded. HA HA HA. should read not seeded because at 120 KM they look all like Canola. only problem its last years volunteer stuff growing. Very few fields seeded maybe 20 in 150 Km yea I said 20. So then worked with Versatile in field day. HA HA they buried a deep tillage to frame it just sank out of site. Fun day. Headed north same nothing then just as get to Kelvington (its on a high hill top) crop and not bad but at south end of fields it crashes and burns. One field north of Canora is finished flowering. Yea its a bin buster crawled in and wow if it makes 30 that's will be a surprise. Guy must have seeded in April really early. One or two winter wheat fields not bad one really nice. Canola a few very few thin stands. One nice spring wheat field. Peas lots of flooded out and few barley fields No oats at all. Ah the market knows better. Yea their trying to steel all oats before the shit hits fan that their isn't any grown. So boys go camping at GreenWater or GoodSpirit or Madge etc and see just how fricking bad it is. Wow is all I can say. Wow.

So how much canola is still in the bins boys and girls? What will the price do now? How about any hail damage after this last week? (We missed it but some neighbors got their canola pounded)

Cotten got a prediction on prices( old and new)?

Comment

I predicted this on June 19 and Im sticking to it. Im going to stick out my neck and say that the frost will affect a large portion of the midwest US and Canada. The corn and beans will be very late due to a cool wet summer, resulting in huge loses in yield and grade. Prices Dec 1st corn $5.00/bus, beans $16.00/bus, Canola $15.75/bus, Oats $4.10/bus, Barley $4.50/bus NB, wheat $6.50/bus NB,$4.75/bus cwb,durum $5.00 cwb, lentils $0.38/lb, yellow peas$9.00/bus. Fertilizer up up up.

Comment

A frost would make markets wild! This spike must sell some 2011! And if it does not freeze the US crop, prices at today's level at best till SA crop is known, Canola will still be a premium to soy, but substitution will limit the divergence. Oats should be $3 plus when the trade wakes up and supply is chewed through. Would be nice to have a crop to market.

Comment

On all these unseeded fields full of RR Canola, maybe this is the year to get Monsanto to anti-up and spray it out?

Comment

Too late if fields are full bloom like in this area. Besides canola, every plant on the planet germinated in my fields! 20mm rain here in several downpours today, more acres died!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...