• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wtr. Wht. Grading... WHAT A RUDE Joke!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grassfarmer.

Effectiveness of an organization does not depend on the number of members. I know you understand this.

If you knew and told wd9 the total farming number of NFU members, he'd believe, backed up by Charliep, that it was an aggregated (you know, as pointed out in a another thread, the Collective) statistic.

Wd9 doesn't believe in NFU numbers, otherwise all his good deeds would have been for naught in raising our incomes beyond government subsidies. That just wouldn't stroke an ego. (lol)

Comment

Grassy,

You said... 'I was above you TOM - came from north of 55'.

Since you said the latitude you came from was higher than the one our family now farms at... I asked a simple question because you indicated that you were smarter than we are... being from a higher latitude.

How does this end up to be an insult to you... when I was given the slam!

I have been in many many public events... where NDP/Union people were many times the farmers in pro-CWB crowds. They were bused in on mass. A fact of life... not my imagination.

Believe what you want... it does not change reality. Food is usually 20% protein and 80% politics!

Have a nice day grassy!

Comment

Grassy,

'Changing posters names to use them in a derogatory manner is something a Grade 3 kid might do - what are you in your 50's? - grow up man.'

What was that all about?

If someone calls me Tom4... or Tom... instead of Tom4cwb... I am to be offended?

WOW... is that what you really meant?

Don't kick the cat or dog... PLEASE!

Comment

Sawfly
          You thoughts on the NFU and the railways proves a point I have been pushing.
          The NFU never paid for the latest Edsworth railway study. It was a CWB deal all the way Western farmers paid for the study then the CWB called only NFU,APAS WRAP Keystone CFA to see if they would sign on. The CWB then paid for all advertising expenses for the media blitz we have all heard. IMHO The CWB should send the above organizations a bill for advertising. since all they did was show up at the farm progress show for a media photo op.
          For a list of all the farm organizations who support a costing review just remember google is your friend.

Comment

I forgot above
            Welcome back Classical liberal
            Hope the fires stay away this summer

Comment

Also don't forget the coalition of rail shippers that did work for the past 5 or so years that started the LOS review fight that effectively forced this review by legislation.

Coalition of Rail Shippers

Members

- Animal Nutrition Association of Canada
              - Association of International Automobile Manufacturers of Canada
              - Canadian Canola Growers Association
              - Canadian Dehydrators Association
              - Forest Products Association of Canada
              - Grain Growers of Canada
              - Inland Terminal Association of Canada
              - Pulse Canada
              - Shippers Council of Canada, a coalition of:
              o Canadian Chemical Producers’ Association
              o Canadian Fertilizer Institute
              o Canadian Industrial Transportation Association
              o Mining Association of Canada
              o Propane Gas Association of Canada
              - Western Canadian Shippers’ Coalition
              o Alberta Forest Products Shippers Association
              o Canadian Oilseed Processors Association
              - Western Canadian Wheat Growers Association
              - Western Grain Elevator Association

Comment

Why would the CWB group of shippers not sign on with this much broader/larger group. I thought the left was all about consensus?

Comment

Cuz they don't ship anything.

Comment

IMO the NFU only represents Quota farmers(dairy, egg, etc...) and organic. They have nothing to offer the conventional farmer. I know of no-one who is a member or at least would admit to it. I have rarely heard anything that the NFU has said that ever represented my interests.

The same might also be said of the Wheat growers as well. I know there are a few people on this forum who are members but I know of no-one who is a member or who would admit to it. Although they may represent me by advocating to get rid of the cwb. To me they seem like a bull in a china shop wanting to get rid of the CWB at all costs, instead of playing the political game, making it almost embarrassing to say you where a member in the past. They seem to have been so out there in their views I don't know if they are taken seriously anymore. Although I must admit that the new director and some of the board seem to be doing a much better job at playing that game. I wonder what % of farmers are members or that they represent, I would bet that it is the same % as the NFU.

The problem with these organizations is that they represent such a small portion of farmers and all have such opposing views that govt will be able to get away with doing nothing forever since we as farmers cant even agree on the most basic of principles.

Comment

WheatKing,

Many Organic growers are as far away from being NFU as you are from being a member of the Western CDN Wheat Growers.

Anyone who has an axe to grind... sure has the right to pontificate.

A degree of truth is present in all politics... and the NFU is all about Politics.

By the way... the maintenance cost on hopper cars had many commodity groups involved in bringing the issue to the forefront.

I truly believe Minister Ritz did the right thing by keeping the cars and lowering the freight rates.

Not what the NFU wanted. We really need competition... owning and fixing hopper rail cars wouldn't be my choice to reduce risk and run our farm!

Comment

I'll answer my own question on why the CWB doesn't belong to the coalition.
                        If they can't control the outcome they won't play.

Wheatking or anyone who's interested please go to the wheatgrowers site www.wheatgrowers.ca and then check our the press releases and start a thread on here to let us know what you think.
                        I am the current chair of the organization and would appreciate the feedback.
                        Forgive me if I don't reply right away but I'm on holidays and have to check in after the kids go to bed.
                        As far as not "knowing" any Wheatgrowers or NFU I would bet both. Organizations have members within 50 miles. Its like political parties, I don't know where the NDP keeps coming up with new voters, but if I don't vote against them they win.

Comment

I find it interesting that CDC Falcon is listed in the Western Grain Research Foundation insert in the CWB Grain Matters as being a success story with over 67 % of the acres in Manitoba. the other varieties are Radiant (AB) and Buteo (SK).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...