• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unprecedented excess rain changes animal behaviour!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unprecedented excess rain changes animal behaviour!

With all the excess moisture in saskatchewan this year,animal behaviour is being altered.Gophers on several occasions have now been seen nesting in trees to avoid drowning!Also eyewitness acounts of Beavers opening up there own dams to let water out.Whats going on? Comments?

We've seen gophers with webbed feet so evolution is picking up speed (except it seems to be passing by CWB supporters). The TV is playing reruns of "Leave it to Beaver" but local RM's are hearing it called "Reeve it's more Beavers"!!!. I can't understand why, with all the excess water, it's still only up to the waist on the ducks?

Comment

"Adapt and overcome"

not just a silly frank knight quote.

Comment

Boy try using that logic over on the beef side cotton.

Comment

Adapting becomes less necessary when one can fall back on daddies bank account . . .

Comment

Or should I say - when daddy is the rainmaker.

Comment

Actually the irrigation district is the rainmaker usually around here though not this year, Daddy's the guy that at 77 still enjoys running combine and helping out, his bank account is as big as it is because of the kids in this case. Hows your parents bank account burnt as poor as your attitude?

Comment

Well mcfarms, since both of my parents have gone on to their reward, I'm not sure that they would view wealth just the same way as do mere mortals.

And they are probably a little less inclined to assess penalties for perceived poor attitudes as well.

Lucky for all of us . . .

How much does your dad charge for his labor? I'm sure that your sense of justice would not let him do it for free. Oh wait, did I just confuse justice with entitlement?

Comment

But I digress from the original topic.

The rivers are so high that the suckers have begun blowing!!

Comment

And you'd be right in thinking that he's very very well paid. we have too in order to income split you see when you make money sometimes you have to "adapt" and come up with a plan.

He often says not to pay the other company of which hes the president still so much but it allows us both to be taxed at a lower rate and and then he takes that income and buys more land. Usually a win win he builds his equity and the whole operation gets stronger.

Sorry I ruffled your feathers but since you've likely also a great plan and have adapted to the ever changing farm situation please tell us all how well your doing in your management of your operation? I'm always willing to learn from others as taken advice from successful people is always a good way to see who to become sucessful or more so so please enlighten me. Looking forward to hearing how you have marketed well over your career and built a strong business by evolving and growing.

Comment

And while on topic As I said to SF3 way back the big change in behaviour is alot of people didn't have to go to the lake this summer it came to them.

Comment

It is easy to see why your thinking might not quite allow for such a change as I have undergone, but I'll try to explain.

I no longer have feathers to ruffle - I grew this really cool cover called skin.

The scales of my ancestry were often scratchy or flaky and had to be rubbed the right way.

And the also redundant gills and accompanying gaping motion necessary to pump water (and - an unpleasant thought - the waste of others) are also an almost imaginary figment of my ancestral past.

However, in light of the current excess of moisture, it may be that some who appear to have evolved less may actually be the ones who are best fitted for survival today.

Now how about that! The suckers/blowers might have their day yet again!

Comment

Oh and entitlement is not something that was ever preached in our household, hard work good management and good sense. But agree too many people in society do have that sense of entitlement I see it ever time I attempt to drive in city traffic.

Comment

Unprecedented excess rain changes animal behaviour.

The only change I've noticed has been with the two legged kind. They have grown to hate water as much as the CWB, NFU and the NDP.

Comment

Did someone mention irrigation?

The highest subsidised farmers in the province that like to show off their new equipment every year and then not realize that if the government had not set up a pressurized pipeline they would have nothing.

The real test for whether or not government's should build irrigation is, would the group of farmers it benefits do it on their own. If farmers can't or won't do it on their own why should dryland farmers subsidize it and then have their noses rubbed with it.

Same thing applies to those that fall back on daddy's company or bank account. Would you have been able to do it on your own? Very few can say they could or for that matter would want to.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...