• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unprecedented excess rain changes animal behaviour!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucket - your words show that your senses have evolved beyond "sight" to "insight".

Thus, you have shown your progressive development into a stage where you will be able to enjoy life whether the water is low or pumped in from a government subsidized ditch - ah, the bliss of adaptability!

Welcome to the race.

Comment

"we are all playing the hand we were dealt"

-cant remember the author

Comment

burnt

Don't know what you mean but here is some funny stuff.

A guy owns an irrigation pivot which is subsidized by the government through the infrastucture and he ends up with a "too wet to seed payment".

Is it double dipping? Bad luck? Or the true meaning of being on the government payroll?

Comment

bucket - there has been a lot of mention of evolution in several other threads here of late, so my comments, being somewhat related to them were probably justifiably incomprehensible.

As for the scenario you described, I would ascribe it to a category of its own.

There must be a special name for screwed up government interventions like that!

Any suggestions?! I could think of a few . . .

Comment

bucket.
            That is a pretty narrow view of things. What about supply management. Where did the value of $30 to $40000 per dairy head or $100 a chicken come from? Made up from thin air. How about the cattle guys? My cousin just bought a feed lot because he said there is no risk. In southern AB they called it the Golden era of BSE. Land prices jumped 50% or more since those cheques showed up in the mail. Some as high as $50 million. Know of guys who went to the post office and opened up $3 and $4 million dollar cheques, never knew it was coming. Even the hutterites cant compete with the feedlots.

Comment

Ahhh, supply management b/s, - what two things can you cotrol 98% of the time in supply management(livestock) - quality and quantity. The two absolute things compltely uncontrolable in grain/oilseed production - does no one else get those two points??? The main two reasons why the cwb has always failed and will always fail - complete mercy of mother nature. Look out your truck window people, ducks are swimming everywhere and jack frost will be around.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...