• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yield Potential?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yield Potential?

Well yesterday we did a crop tour of our area, some optomism some depression. Simply cerials bounced back a little but canola in wet areas still poor or very poor.
    Hrs will be 70% of last years.
    Durum will be 90% of last years.
    Barley 70% of last years.
    Oats 70% of last years.
    Peas actually if keeps going 110% of last years.
    Canola right now 50% of last years.
    One observation is some fields look awsome from road once in different story, walked lots with hail adjuster not nice at all. Good luck to those with a excellent crop. Two out of last three excellent this year in toilet.

Here Wheat looks awesome, Peas great but I am thinking some of mine just got some hail, got a 3 incher and cannot get to field yet. Canola more disappointing every day seems the canola that got the spring sulpher fines is looking poorest cannot figure that one. More like early flower sulpher fines for application time.

Comment

Central manitoba just north u.s. border. Our farm drains naturally. Estimated yields. Waskada wheat-65-70 Barrie wheat 65-70 , conlon barley sowed on April 27 will be cut soon, 95 , some of the field seemed to struggle early on. Oats sowed on April 18, will run likely 130-140. Bayer 5030 canola 45 on the poor spots mid 50's and higher on the rest. But the weather can still throw a curve, it isn't in the bin yet. Neighbours flax, well over 40, seeded with a seed hawk. Silage corn very heavy and growing hard in this heat and humidity. We had .6,.6,and .2 for rain last week, really will add bushels to everything.It has been cool, for weeks, the crop has had no stress this year. Fungicides will pay off big this year. Heading east to and through the red river valley along #3, and #23 hiway nearly all the fields are the best i have ever seen

Comment

wow I could retire after a crop like yours Barleyman

Comment

1/3 the same
          1/3 better
          1/3 worse
          -as last year,i think

I cant remember-how long( ballpark) to swath canola
          after it is done flowering?

Comment

you make me laugh cotton

you can party on our bus

Comment

Good one finished with hail adjusters today. Fun times. Hot Hot Hot. Things growing hard. But still cant make nice in drowned out canola patches.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2LAs-WL_4

im out of the loop

Comment

0, or zero.

Comment

Thats the hard part about communicating in computer
                    blog forums,interpretation.

Even when your being exactly straight forward some
                    see it as not.

Comment

In our area this a production guess compared to last year. Durum 30%..peas 100%..hard wheat 150%.. flax 30%...canola 200%.. lentils 150%..And this is with a 25% unseeded.. This is considering yield and acres for our area..

Comment

new guy are you saying that with 120 acre quarters your canola is going to yield 80 bushels an acre. or same as a 60 bushel crop last year.

Comment

I said this is an area production comparison to last year. There is just a little better canola crop than last year but double the acres,. Which makes production 200%.We are in a huge durum area so a drop of 70% of durum is huge.

Comment

Got it, see we will come in probably at 21.4 on same acres as last year then deduct flooded out etc etc or 28.6 compared to 57.3. or a little over a million loss on the canola front. Ah just love this game called farming.Have a good one.

Comment

Or did you make an extra half million last year and lose a half million this year. I'm pretty sure your ten year average isn't 57bu/ac.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...