• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Canada Making Calls!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats Canada Making Calls!

Just got the call at 8 tonight from stats can on stored grain and seeded acreage report plus drowned out areas. Let them know how happy I was with this and how they are three months behind. But all for nothing since I complain every time and nothing ever changes. Had a nice girl to talk to. Heads up.

Is it illegal to block the numbers they call from? That's what we did.

Comment

I give them nothing and hang up. Then their supervisor calls and i tell them nothing the third or forth time time I get real mad swear they read me the riot act and I hang up.

Comment

When the girl phoned yesterday after I was finished I asked what percentage of farmers are mad when they phone compared to business and home owners. She said 95%. So I asked why doesn't some bureaucrat at stats Canada get the fact that they chase the market with their useless three month old data. Speculators believe USDA numbers so they would believe Stats Canada since its a Gov agency but in US they have a week turn around and admit errors in Canada we have three month turn around and never ever deal with reality.
        She also said allot of farmers lie compared to business etc. Hm if I sell hammers and the neighboring store sells hammers we both buy for roughly same price if I cant sell hammers its probably my store or my personality that makes me loose sales vs the other store. So why lie to stats Canada their is no motive to move market. But after years of useless information coming out months after the fact and yes the market does move and speculators listen to stats Canada even if a day or two, so genius at stats Canada guess why farmers don't like you!

Comment

Hey Saskfarmer..... not every hammer is the same. If you asked 10 people to describe and sell a hammer to a blind person, without knowing what the blind person actually wanted to use it for, then price in the end has a big chance to be all over the board. Same with chemicals, wheat, and fertilizer.

Say NO to STATS Can

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...