• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Crop insurance!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Crop insurance!

Well to all the special people out their that think farmers are going to get rich on the supposed $50.00 an acre here is the real numbers.
    Seeding intensity last ten years. 100%
    Same acres seeded (ex. 1600 every year for ten years never ever used the program)
    No claim since 2004
    The 50.00 suddenly became $32.50 Hm will be making some calls today. Simply Sask Crop insurance is a joke and needs a over haul badly.

On our travels over the last number of weeks we have seen a fair number of wet acres that either were never seeded, or were drowned out after the fact. How many of these areas were naturally occuring sloughs at one time or another? And if they were formerly sloughs that in dry years could be cultivated or drained, is SK Crop maybe taking that into account?

Comment

No it seems they are using your total acreage say 9600 at 5% for normal and taking 480 acres off.
      Then you claim 30% for ex flooded to wet to seed. 2880.
      they take the 2880 - 480 = 2400 acres to wet then take 5% off the 50 = 47.50 payable on 2400 acres. $114,000.
      So if you didn't seed three quarters your payment would be nothing at all on this size of farm. Basket case.

Comment

In some areas/ not all.

I couldn't seed all my sloughs and some sloughs flooded out.

I know some farmers that didn't go seed whole fields because the sloughs were too wet to seed and it got too late waiting for them to dry so they reported toowet to Crop Ins.

Comment

So how is the 30 dollar government top up going to work, I ordered my application but not received mine yet. I guess you will get another 100 grand out of that one Saskfarmer.

Comment

That's definitely not how mine was assessed S3.

Are you sure there wasn't as deduction for spring cash advances taken?

Were all of your crops insured?

We insure all crops and don't use the spring cash advance. My per acre amount ended up $45.86

Comment

Hopper, why don't you just download the form from the crop insurance website?

Comment

Ma n i hope i just get enough to pay my premium bill
                off,even at a fifty percent discount its up there,cant
                imagine having a negative discount bill.

Comment

Almost forgot pars,thankyou tax payers for the six
                  figure subsidy on my coverage,and you guys can
                  thank me for the cheapest food in the history of the
                  world,lol.

Comment

Cotton remember, you don't pay premium for any acres not seeded.

Comment

Not sure why you are crying. That is the contract. Been there for
                      years. Are you willing to pay more for crop insurance to get that
                      deduction removed. Last time I tried a claim it works out to about
                      $5 /flooded acre. This year maybe a little over $40. Got my bill for
                      seeded, but still haven't heard on unseeded. I expect we will see
                      the check January 11, dated 2010.

Comment

Yea I would pay more for a decent program. One where you can pick your coverage and pay the price. Instead get a bill that shows 180,000.00 then discount for no claims then that is divided between the two levels of government and the final is left for you to pay. BLA BLA BLA. Got the bill last week and this week got the check. Just was saying all the BS that farmers will be getting so much cash is plain BS. Once all the deductions are taken off will cost the Govt very little.

Comment

Just got the application, took less than a week to get it. Then had to download it anyway after I screwed it up.

Comment

We apparently have here the department of complaining about everything. Here in AB we are getting $25 for unseeded acres from crop insurance and if you have sprayed or worked the land you get an additional $10. If you put down fert last fall or so you can get an additional $35. They also deduct 5% of the acres in a quarter off of the base. So if 30 acres unseed on a perfect quarter section you get paid on 30-8=22 acres. Looks like your getting a deal in Sask. This is only crop ins.: the $30 from the feds would be on top of this. The federal money is paid on the seeded and flooded as well as the unseeded acres.

Comment

Got my chegue from crop insurance last week already, sooner than I thought it would come. They said I didn't have to fill out anything more for the thirty dollar payout.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...