• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BPC contracts for this year

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPC contracts for this year

Just curious, anyone thinking of locking in the basis for December 2010 before the adjustment factor kicks in Monday? I can only imagine how negative that number is going to be. I'm considering some tonnage just to have a positive basis and think the market will still be rising but lately the market seems to be anybody's "guess".

Cheers,

Steve

Already forgot, I'll be stuck with whatever adjustment factor is going to be if I don't price today... guess I should've done a flexpro. Barf. Sure be nice to have the option to market your own wouldn't it.

Comment

Okay... this is like talking to myself. I just re-read the BPC terms again and I see if I do lock in the basis today, $0 adjustment factor. It's good to have a small brain in the morning.

Comment

Steve

6.01 in your pocket today for 13.5 1cwrs. Difficult decision now with the pro 1.22 back of the fixed price, whether to take it as a fpc or do a bpc.

Comment

We signed up some tonnes today, just over $6/bu,
          looks a lot better than it was 2 months ago. Keep in
          mind there is a lot of wheat still around the world. Pro
          has a lot of work to do to catch $6, and i'm sure the
          CWB will work hard not to sell it cheap to their friends
          Warburton or the Saudi's.

Comment

Steve;

" the CWB has priced approximately 11 per cent of the expected 2010-11 crop year deliveries of wheat." from July 2010 PRO.

High protein wheat will be very hard to find... in Canada... if this keeps up!

Comment

Thanks for the response. Historically, haven't done much better than $6/bu. for wheat many years, Pro or PPO. Let's watch those futures keep on rising. Happy harvesting.

Comment

The average deduction for Mb is $1.45 a bushel. That comes to $5.88 for a FPC as of this past Friday. Not quite $6 but it's close.

Comment

If you locked in a BPC earlier you are over $6
                  Francisco, we then executed the price Friday. Our
                  freight is $1.30 to $1.34 in my area last year, there
                  might be a slight increase this year from what I'm told.

Comment

Ahh, makes sense.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...