• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Me The Money

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show Me The Money

A couple of questions for you folks with good memories & good data (and more motivation).

1) Has there ever been a year - EVER - that Western Canadians averaged more per bushel from the CWB on HRS than farmers in the border states?

2) If I lived in Montana, ND, or Ontario and wanted to forward price HRS (or reasonable equivalent) for delivery in the fall of 2011, how much would I receive the day of delivery? Can I book some for 2012 fall delivery?

Thanks

Going back ten years, the answer to your first question is no.

Another question I'd like to see the CWB answer relates to the final pool return compared to the average CWB selling price.

The CWB publishes its daily domestic SELLING price in the CGC's Grain Stats Weekly. This is a "market-based" price that the CWB uses to sell to domestic millers.

Since the CWB aims to average out its selling (pricing) over the crop year, the final pool return should be close to the average selling price (after all indirect costs and revenues are accounted for).

But it isn't. Not even close.

For example, in 07-08 the pool final for CWRS wheat was about $2.00/bu below the average reported selling price.

In 08-09 the pool final was about $1.50/bu below.

It looks like 09-10 will be about the same.

On durum, it's downright nasty:
    07-08 ....... $5.78/bu BELOW average selling price
    08-09 ....... $2.93/bu BELOW average selling price

Here's the question:

Can someone explain why the final pool price farmers get is so much lower than the average selling price for the year (adjusted for all reported indirect costs and revenues)?

Comment

chaffmeister...my answer...TOOKAGE.

Comment

Can you be more specific?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...