• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The whack jobs strike again!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whack jobs strike again!

I won't say much more than the last two post...one from the Pro faction and one from the Con faction have just proved my point and other than to reiterate you all on both sides of the fence are a bunch of windbags who think only their opinions really count.

My opinion either pro or negative for the wheat board are my own and it ultimately should be all farmers who decide and not the windbags or the special interest groups who should decide.

I bet I can tell who are who. The CWB supporters are the small farmers whose operations are no longer economically viable and are only being saved by the CWB.

The non supporters are the large corporate farmer (they call themselves a family farm because it's their family who own the shares) because they figure that they will make more money if there is a free wheeling system. However they should remember that when grain prices went up substantially so did everything else absorbing most of the gain.

The only thing I can say is probably in twenty years neither of you who occupy the extremes will be around to "reap what you have sown"

PrairieSodBuster maybe you need to take a look in the mirror.

You don't seem to be overly interested in spelling out your own point of view or in having any kind of open dialogue. Just in calling everyone you disagree with names.

Comment

I'm more than happy to call myself a "windbag" if that is what it takes to get freedom to market wheat/barley like every other farmer outside the designated area. The mere fact that you don't state a position puts you on the side of the imposed monopoly because no vote supports no change and a continuation of the status quo.

Comment

Sodbuster I'll enlighten you, THERE HAS NEVER AND THERE NEVER WILL BE A FARM SAVED BY THE CWB. FARMS HAVE BEEN LOST,and FARMERS HAVE BEEN JAILED BY YOUR BELOVED CWB!

Comment

I am not a world traveler or even well read in world ag economics.

Is there any country in the world where primary producers are in the upper class (legally) and without gov subsidies?

Farmers are concidered as suppliers to the industry, however if it isn't for producers there is no industry. Cattle, hogs, grain,chickens etal. Without cucumbers there will be no pickles.

Comment

Sodbuster: 6 words come to mind "Thank God for Peas and Canola"

Comment

Prairiesodbuster- "The non supporters are the large corporate farmer (they call themselves a family farm because it's their family who own the shares)"

That's Brilliant!

Who's the whack job?

Those are pretty well thought out comments with a lot of meat behind them. Sheesh!

Comment

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.

..........Desmond Tutu

Comment

PrairieSodBuster,

Will you negotiate an idea with me?:

At the present time, the CWB Act is legislated so that they are the only entity in Canada that can issue export and interprovincial wheat and barley licenses to grain companies, producers etc.

Exported wheat and barley and their products MUST be licensed by the CWB.

If the Ontario Wheat Marketing Board wants to export wheat and barley, they must have export licenses to do so.

They automatically recieve them. No cost.

Customs works with the CWB to make sure Parsley doesn't slip into Quebec and send a load or two across the line. Surveillance.

Grain shipment do not export unnoticed.

Every grain company must get Wheat Board permission to export. Even feed and feed grains must be licensed.

You already know how much licensing costs. Look at the gun registry.

ONLY Western farmers pay national Wheat Board licening costs. Quebec does not. Seed growers across Canada get a free ride and stay mum. Feed mills pay zippo. Ontario must think we are insane, but they enjoy free export licensing year after year.

One question at a time:

Do you agree that it would be much more fair if the licensing costs were not paid for SOLEY by Western producers?
                  Parsley

Comment

whats wrong praire bumbuster did your wife leave you or are you in a bad mood because you have the shittiest crops in the area. you remind me of the assholes in the local coffee shop. all you other (idiots)
                    shame on you for having an opinion about marketing on a marketing site.

Comment

AB3..........still wondering here if it`s CONSTIPATION or NOT !!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...