• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Love Farming

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Love Farming

Why, because it is one of the few industries were your heart and art can make a prosperous venture for generations to come. (and a little luck). Farming is neither an art or a science but an art well informed with science.

"prosperous venture for generations to come", the numbers do not bear this out, less farmers every year. Few people see primary production as prosperous. Farmers are less than 2% of population and going down. Impossible to "start" farming without huge debt. Every other wage earning occupation requires a tiny investment or education, mainly time and effort. You must be the only one loving farming, zero comments. Good your happy though.

Comment

I think a lot of us do have things that we love about farming, but in this Forum, it would create an argument.

Hats off to you DAYLATE

Personally...... watching the young livestock (and children) and the crops grow. City folk will never understand what makes us keep going, but that does.

Comment

And I love my wife also even though it does not seem like it sometimes.

Comment

Tailgate suppers. The food always tastes better when you take a 1/2hr or more for supper. Likely the only time we get to see our wife and kids at harvest time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...