• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AUGUST 20 LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUGUST 20 LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Statcan will release the final seeded acres numbers for 2010 on friday Aug.20.These numbers should be the catylyst to set the oats and flax markets on fire?Any bets that oats will be up limit on Aug.20?

sure im in for $5

Comment

Are you in for 5 dollars oats :] It is to bad that the people that set our prices are so far removed from the farm that they have to look at stats canada reports to determine availabity. Most buyers problably do not know what the crop looks like that they are buying.

Comment

No i'm in for a $5 bet that Oats wont be up the limit on the 20th.

Comment

Pro- Do you think most buyers know what they are buying when they are looking at it?

Heard of one buyer tell a farmer that he had big ergot problem when asked to point it out he showed a wild oat.

Well, it was black he had that right. LOL

Comment

I had a girl phone me for a flax survey once and she thought flax had yellow flowers...

Comment

This has always amaized me.

To work on my car you need 4 yrs of tech training. To fix my toilet you need plumbers certifcate. To fix my auger engine you need small engine repair ticket. ETC. All administered by third party and having passed a government test.

To assess my grain and determine my whole years income and my livelyhood you don't need any formal training or certificate of ability.

Most farmers don't know the quality and wouldn't know if buyers are assessing grade and dockage right and accurately using the described methods. How many guys even know what are the right pans in the dockage machine to wiegh for dockage or what screens can be used or if they are using the right ones to assess canola.

What other buissness sells thier commodities by asking the buyer what they have for sale and how much they will give them for it?

I don't understand how we can be top marketers when we don't even know exactally what we have for sale. You would think that if for no other reason farmers would want to learn just for the common knowledge and interest in what they have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to grow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...