• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Crop Insurance sucks!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Crop Insurance sucks!!!

Got our cheque a couple of days ago for unseeded acres- $2350.00 for 393 acres. They paid for 47 acres, or $5.97/unseeded acre. What a joke- any more calculations in their formula and I'd end up owing them money. The only people that I know of that collect any money from crop insurance are the ones who deliberately use the system or the ones who are too lazy to get off their asses! The only other organization that is run that poorly is the crappy CWB. If it wasn't for ag stability , I would have quite that stinking crop insurance years ago.

I collected money from them cuz I couldn't seed. About 46 an acre.

Comment

The best part is those acres now come off your total for any further claims. What a peach of a system.

Comment

Same here, I had a 270 acre claim, they paid for 20 acres. Twenty freakin' acres. 1/13th of what I was expecting.

Good thing I've come to expect this kind of number twisting from government run programs and didn't have it spent already.

Comment

How will the unseeded pmts affect agristability?

Comment

We got $41/ unseeded, on about 40% of cultivated acres. Long term is 97% seeding intensity. Is it SMF that is hurting you? Have you had unseeded acres?
            Yes, I agree a STUPID formula, cooked up NOT to pay out! Is the Fed's $30 using the same calculations? When are those funds expected?

Comment

Seeding intensity is 96.7%. Had I known how this calculation would have worked, I would have mudded in flax on June 24 and played their stupid little game with them. (Didn't grow any flax for the last 10 years).

Comment

Sask Crop Insurance now administers AgriStability

Comment

We got paid for 6 acres out of 74 unseeded..$300.00..wow..Next yr it will be taken out of production because it still under water now...So we will get zero...Should have just said it was all seeded, then flooded...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...